Best Subwoofer Enclosure

Username: Brmsnowboarder

Brooklyn Park, Minnesota United States

Post Number: 1
I have a 94 Dodge Dakota. I am running two 10" MTX Thunder 8000 and a 1440 Watt Power Acoustik amp. The truck is a extended cab and I am wondering what type of sub enclosure will give me the best sound of the extended section of my cab.

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 80
MTX makes a custom fit box for your truck, check out their site

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 698
this is going to suprise you but call mtx they might know exactly what to do i know a guy who hit very well with those mtx 8000 10's in an extended cab truck and it was thanks to mtx tech help

Post Number: 2
I talked to MTX and ot seems that the ported enclosure is my best option, but now I have another issue with that set up of drivers and amp. My drivers are not hitting as hard as they should with that setup. What is my issue.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 755
how are your subwoofers faced? what type of box are they in? Are they ported? if so how long and how wide so i can determine port tune? what air space are your subs in? (what is the boxes demensions) We will start there.

Post Number: 5
I went out to my truck and did some measuring. This is my first box and it is pre made. The dimesions of the bottom are 24"x 13". The sides are 13"x14 in front and 16 3/4" in the back. The box has a twelve degree angle to it. the front is 24"x13 1/2" where the subs are. The box faces slightly angled to my back window. The box is all 3/4" MDX Fiberboard. The box is ported and the two subs are separated into two chambers. The ports are 2 5/8" in diameter by 5" long. This is my first box as i said so i have no idea how to port tune. I just want the best and hardest hitting environment for my MTX subs.
Also I was looking into getting some polyfill for the inside of my box. Will this help me out or is it not needed in a ported enclosure. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us