Good sub near 170rms

Bronze Member
Username: Munkyjojo

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 39
im looking for either a good sub that can be powered with 170rms bridged or 2 subs that can be powered with 85rms. also the amp has x-over if that makes a difference.

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 40
btw, i can get 2 12' sonys real cheap. I just really dont want to go with sonys.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 667
go with a kicker c comp 12 (lowest line) in a 1.70 cf. sealed box single 4 ohm coil which should match you amps bridged rating

ps...the kicker is rated 150 rms but we have it running 300 rms and its taking it

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 193
jojo,

first off, forget sony even exists! (they are crap)

second, what amp do you have?

third, kicker comps are good budget subs, my first system had 2 10" comps and an IX402 amp. sounded good, not really loud but it gave me some good low end...i had them in .85 cuft sealed boxes.

like sean...i too recommend kicker comps, they are good subs for the price.

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 41
the amp is an optimus 4 chnl 85rmsx4. what you guys call flea market crap but for the price i got it for, it's great. It sounded decent with 2 reactor audio subs (sonys at least better than these) hooked up to it, im sure a kicker would sound great.

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 42
so, im looking on crutchfield but im not sure which 12' to get. So i need 4 ohm independence and no dual voice coil...right?

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 43
so, im looking on crutchfield but im not sure which 12' to get. So i need 4 ohm independence and no dual voice coil...right?
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ynKE6X69K87/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?a=&s=0&cc=01&g=677 00&id=features_and_specs&i=2063C124

Silver Member

Post Number: 695
if you can bridge the back two channels into one channel at 4 ohms bridged youd be fine with a c comp 12 kicker (lowest line) heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39777%26item%3D5721306239 %26

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 44
alright..new idea. how would a jlaudio 12w0 work with this amp. my reason for asking is because i just went to a swap meet and bought 2 of them for 50$$. I hooked them up to my house stereo and the both work. But would it work alright for my amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 728
hey those subs are very nice sq wise much better than the kicker you would either be able to run 2 ohm or 8 ohm bridge with the two of them of 4 ohm with one bridged they are rated 125 rms each but can handle more my cousin had one and id expect your amp isnt a true 170 watts prob less ive had radio shacks stuff before

Silver Member

Post Number: 741
make sure how many ohms your amp is stable to before wiring the subs up and install them accordingly

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 233
Which 12w0's did you get? They made 4, 8, and 12 ohm models.

http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/pdfs/10_12_15W0_MAN.pdf

-Fishy

Silver Member

Post Number: 744
my bad your right fishy I was just thinkin 4 ohm jl's

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 45
i have the 8 ohm style

Silver Member

Post Number: 756
awesome you should be set wire the amp into bridged mode and hook them up four ohms bridged should be correct for your amplifer

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 46
alright.. so it seems everything worked out great. in about 5 min im gonna try it to make sure everything worked. i just hooked up my amp so hopefully everything will turn out fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 757
your back two channels bridge right?

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 47
yeah. i only have the x-over freq on the back channels. i hooked everything up, played with the x-over and gain, and everything sounds great. truthfully better than i thought it would. the amp is bridgable, for it even show how to bridge it right on the amp. thanks for all your help.

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 48
by the way. im only using one sub. i own and 92' ranger and its not extended cab, so i really dont have room for 2 subs. but only using one sub bridged into the back channels will work...right?

Username: Jeremy_c

Kirksville, MO USA

Post Number: 5
what are the benifits of having a seled box or are there any

Silver Member

Post Number: 761
yes one subwoofer will work fine but if you can fit two you will get more power out of the amp because you are only running 8 ohm bridge which is ok the amp will run cooler at 8 ohm instead of 4 ohm but if you wanted you could add the other. If you decide not to hook up the other 12 would you like to sell it? Honestlt I like the sound out of a jl 12 sealed i would really hate to mess with it just for the sake of it being a little louder.

Silver Member

Post Number: 764
jojo? did you want to sell the one you have left?

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 50
yeah...maybe. for i am only 18 and i dont have much of a way to get the sub to whoever wants to buy it. but give me a price and a way and yeah..ill probably sell it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 765
do you have aol instant messenger if so whats your scnren name we can talk there
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us