Amplifier to match my Speakers

Leo
Unregistered guest
I have in my car (4) 6 1/2" Eminence Alpha Series speakers each capable of handling 100 watts Rms but there is a problem each speaker is 8 ohms I need to know how to wire the speakers to the amp to get it down to like 2 ohms.I also have 2 Infinity Kappa 6x9's both 4 ohm impedance and capable of handling 110 watts Rms.Last but not Least I have 2 Super Bullet Tweeters each capable of handling 150 watts Rms and their impedance is 4-8 ohms which I dont know how but I need to know how I can hook all these up to one amp without frying the amp and which amp would you guys suggest for them.I dunno if it matters but I have already got a Boss R2200D hooked up to my JL13W7 and the head unit is a Alpine Cda 9813.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 696
keep the alpine
keep the 13W7
keep the kappa 6x9s (if they fit factory spots)
sell the boss amp and all the other speakers.

get a good 4 channel amp (kicker, JL, MTX)
get a good monoblock amp (JL, Kicker, MTX, JBL even)
get a good set of kappa or kappa perfect 6.5" separates to go with the 6x9s

that should be about all ya need for a good system, along with good power wiring and an alternator to handle the load.

Leo
Unregistered guest
Ok I have another problem I made a trade with a friend of mine and Traded him the Boss Amp and The Eminence Speakers for 2 US Acoustics USB-4085 Amps and A Mtx External Crossover but I dont know how to hook up the High Pass Input from the radio to the amp.I have a CDA-9813 and it has 2 preouts for Amplifiers besides the Sub preout but I have no idea how to hook it up in High Pass.

Post Number: 748
you don't need that crossover.
the 9813 has it's own 3 way crossover and parametric EQ built into the unit.
sell the crossover, and use the alpine.

Leo
Unregistered guest
Sooo ur saying that all I have to do is hook the patch cables to the amps and dont have to worry about any high pass filters cuz of my radios X-over?

Leo
Unregistered guest
Also in addition I can get the 5 1/2 Kappa Perfect Components to go with my Kappa 6x9,s If I have that will my highs be loud?

Post Number: 783
sounds like a great setup, and yes just configure the crossover on the alpine and that handles high pass for front/rear and low pass for subs.
set the F/R high pass to 100Hz, and low pass to 80Hz. that should work well.

Leo
Unregistered guest
Ok thank you very much one more question I have a switch on the bottom of the head unit thats F/R/Sub or 3 way mode should I set it to 3 way mode or leave it like it is?If I set the F/R high pass to 100HZ that doesnt allow anything under 100Hz to play on my components correct and low pass to 80Hz wont allow anything over 80Hz to play.

Username: Daysof_thunder

Post Number: 3
Hey Glass wolf, My name is Joe. I have a question for you. What do you think of a diamond audio tdx 15 dual 2 ohm sub? Also I have 2 us amps de-1000 class d amps. 1000 watts to each coil rms. Is there a better 15 in the 800 range that could give spl and sq. I heard this one and ive listened to a few others and this was the best so far..

Post Number: 794
F/R/S is good.
and mostly correct on the crossover points. for high pass, 100Hz is the cut off point, and 80 Hz is for low pass, but you'll have what's called a roll-off, which will cover the gap between 80-100Hz, so you won't really notice anything missing. you can even adjust the roll off slope on that xover on the Alpine.
It's all in the manual.

Joe, Diamond makes very good subs.
If you're looking for something better, perhaps Resonant Engineering would have something you're after.
They make some great subs as well.

Post Number: 4
Hey glass, This is Joe again. I have always heard that us amps were good. Those de-1000 amps what do ya think. I think there great but I am trying to do this once if ya know what i mean. Would you use these amps if you were building a system of your own, I mean would you consider them?

Post Number: 800
US Amps makes terrific amplifiers.
yeah I'd consider them for my own car, though I'm more of a Zapco fan, but you pay for that, too.

Leo
Unregistered guest
Ok Now If I have both of those Us Acoustic Amps Do I have to run Rca cables from the head units preamp outputs for the subwoofer amp and for the speakers amp or can I use the patch cable to connect amps together and have rca just comin from Sub preout also Do I need to run 2 Remote wires from the Turn on lead to the amps head unit?

Post Number: 803
run separate RCA lines for the sub amp and the F/R channels otherwise you lose the crossover and fade ability.
run one remote trigger, and split it to both amps at the amp location.
if you need to trigger more than 3 devices with the remote line, use a 12V relay.

Leo
Unregistered guest
So your telling me If I run the head units 27x4 into the 2 front and 2 rear speakers I still will not have control of the crossover?

Post Number: 817
oh
you're using the headunit power
yeah just run the head unit wiring to the F/R speakers, and run sub output RCAs to the sub amp.
the crossover will still work just fine.
I ran mine that way for a while, too

Post Number: 5
Hey glass, Joe Dettmer here again. I was wondering if you think that orion amps are good. The 2500d to be exact. Was thinking about selling the us amps de-1000. Let me know what you think about this decision. It is getting to be crunch time here and I just don't want to make any mistakes. Research lots, install once. :-) the orion would power 1 tdx15d2 15" diamond audio sub. The 2 de-1000 would also power 1 tdx15d2 sub. (one for each coil)If you know anybody that would be interested in these amps let me know if you think that this a good decision.

Thanks again for your help in making up my mind AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Post Number: 932
US Amps makes terrific amplifiers. I'd be reluctant to part with one of those.

Orion makes grat amps as well, though I'm most fond of theor older amps from ten years ago.

In any event the Orion should drive your sub very well.

Username: Golflover123

Post Number: 1
i have an orion 600.5 pushing 2 12in cerwin vegas. i don't know much about anything when it comes to this stuff and bought these subs of an auction real cheap, but they are like 12 ohms. when i had em installed they told me that i needed subs with less ohms or a lot bigger amp to make em sound better. well i just ordered 2 12in compvr @4ohms. now the question is what amp to use. should i use the orion or would the kicker 600.4 be better?

Leo
Unregistered guest
Glasswolf its me again I ended up trading the 2 Us-4085 4-channel amps with a car audio dealer for a Kicker 800.4 amplifer since Ive heard sooo many good things about it.I have inputs on the amp(amp1) and (amp2)and on my Cda 9813 model it has 2 preouts for speakers(one front and one rear)would it be ok to run rca's from head unit preouts to the amps (amp1) and (amp2)inputs and turn the amps X-over's to off since I already have a built in crossover.This amp will be for my 5.1 infinity perfect components and the Infinity Kappa 6x9's in the back.
Amp Specs are as follows:
100x4@4 ohms
200x4@2 ohms
400x2@4 ohms bridged
Infinity Perfects and 6x9's both have built in crossovers and 5.1's can hold 100 watts 6x9's can hold 110 watts.Here is a picture of the amp from the side where the inputs are. http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&cc=01&g=120&i=206KX8004

Leo
Unregistered guest
In Addition Ive been thiking that I need a High Output Alternator for my car cuz its only rated at 110 Amps where would be the cheapest place to find one? THANKS GLASSWOLF

Username: Golflover123

Post Number: 2
hello anyone here?

Post Number: 945
Mtt, start your own thread.

Leo, what do you plan to drive with the Kicker amp? the components?
If so, use the F/R outs of teh alpine. that alpine has a great EQ and crossover built into it, with adjustable slope. It should handle everything you need.
bypassing the Alpine's crossover will also affect the subwoofer control, too.

Leo
Unregistered guest
Yes Glasswof I am gonna drive the components with that amp.
Glass re-read what I stated I meant that should I turn off the amp's X-over since the Alpine already has a X-over for the Low,Front,and Rear?

Post Number: 6
Hey glass, how are ya doing? This is Joe again. Well i decided to start all over,but still keep the US AMPS DE-1000 and USA-5600x. Subs are still my problem. What I have chosen so far: Diamond Audio, TREO Engineering, Resonant Engineering, MTX 9500 Series, Crystal comp V2 and the Image dynamics IDMAX series. I am having trouble here. Listen to everything so I want the best all around sub. Of these which one would those be. Thought I would ask someone who has been in the business for a while. Thanks again glass. Oh nice house by the way, I have family that lives in MI. I am from Detroit MI. Well anyways hope to here from ya soon. Oh what components do you recommend. CDT, Diamond or Dynaudo?

Silver Member

Post Number: 969
Leo: yes. turn off the amp's crossover.
no need for it in your case.

DynAudio if you have the money, for sure.
subs.. Treo or IDMax.

listen to them and see which you like.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Can someone here tel me what the color of the speaker wire is for a bose factory system? I need to know the subwoofer's color wires. I am installing A soundgate line level converter loc4.2. The people at soundgate said to follow the wires under the console, but there are just too many to decide which they are. This is going to be on the oulet side of the amp not the inlet side

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Mark R. The 8 ohm sub will work, but will only recieve half the power the 301m puts out at rms rating. the best thing to do is go to the store and get the 4 ohm version then you will be set.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Hey jin, this is Joe. About your bass control. You do not have to have it in the head unit. Does your amp have an input for a bass knob or controller? If not you will have to get a device like a preamp type of device to do that for you. Audiocontrol maks good processors and things like this. Epicenter, DQX, optidrive. Just some of the ones you can get. Go to there website www.audiocontrol.com and see what they might have for ya. Good LUck.

Username: Myka

Post Number: 1
WANTED: U.S.Amps 1000DE, email me at ooluv2seeusmileoo@hotmail.com also other U.S.Amps im looking for, email me, thanks!

Unregistered guest
can u suggest me an dolby pro logic amp for my speaker ive got the bose 301 and 201 and a center chanel speaker which i plan to make a home theater
im not on a very high budget i would apreciate if u could help
thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us