Is this right, Dual 4 ohms to make 1 load

Anonymous

is this the way to install a 600 jbl amp 2 Dual 4 ohm in parallel is 1, right? 2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 78
If you mean you have two dual 4 ohm voice coil subs with voices coils wired in parallel wired in parallel again, yes that will give you a 1 ohm load.

If you're talking about the BP600.1 then thats fine. That amp is 1 ohm stable. If you have the GTO601.1 don't doeeet!

-Fishy

Anonymous

the bp, what does this set up do for me?

Anonymous

the reason i ask is because I read it sends 300 watts to each sub, now I don't know how I have them set up but its not at 1 ohm, so am I still getting 300 per sub, i think not, right? so is this the best thing to do to get the best out of the jbl amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 93
Well if thats the speakers you have then thats the best. I'd rather see the amp run at a 2 ohm load, but if thats what you have, thats what will work best.

Exactly what subs do you have? DVC's confuse the hell out of a lot of people including me. Just wanna make sure we're on the same page.

-Fishy

Anonymous

infinity kappa's dvc, thanks...

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 122
well you just have to use a series/parallel wiring to get 2 dual 4 ohm subs down to 1 ohm. heres a link to a diagram that should help you. http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=DVC4x2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us