Would do you guys think of this?

Username: Daniel_s

Post Number: 10
hey guys i just got another RF amp in the mail. So this is what i'm looking at for my system... I've got to Rocford Fosgate 401s amplifiers and two TS10L5 Kicker solo barics(already in a a factory truck sealed box). Each amp is gonna power one sub. and my pioneer player powers my 4 infinity speakers...now mind you this is in a wrangler..if you guys want to see pics of what i got SO FAR(haven't put in my new amp and sub yet you can go here.. http://www.cardomain.com/id/danstan2
thankz for your thoughts

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 648
I think you should consider the kicker kx300.4 kx600.4 or similar amp so your components will keep up with those subs.
I also think you should drop a high output alternator in that jeep.

otherwise, great start.

Username: Daniel_s

Post Number: 11
your talking about the speakers right? So that means i would have 3 amps? and can you tell me more what that alternator would do? thankz

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 657
yes. it's all well and good to amp the subs the way you are, but you want more clean power for the components, too. forget head unit power.
you want a good 4 channel amp to drive the mids/highs so they won't be drowned out by the subs.

you'll also want some sort of electronic crossover like a coustic XM-3e or Audiocontrol 6XS to handle splitting up and controlling the amplifiers.

the alternator is what supplies all of the electrical power to your jeep when the engine is running.
the stock one won't handle those amplifiers. you'll need a high output model and probably 1/0 gauge power line to the amplifiers, where you can split down to 4 or 8AWG with a distribution block to each amp.

the new alternator should run around $170-$300 US depending on size and who makes it, as well as where you buy it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us