Sub blown!

Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 4
one of my 15's is down. i was wondering if shops fix voice coils? i'm running 2 15' he2 subs with my 800@2 punch fosgate. i wouldn't think this was too much power for these. could it have been something else? would i rather just get new subs? keep in mind that i'm a brokea$$ college student. i have no clue because this has never happened to me before. any advice would be great.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 619
most damage to coils is thermal, caused by an amplifier clipping due to insufficient current.

www.circuitshop.com rebuilds speakers.

Post Number: 5
Insufficient current? meaning wattage from my amp or the power itself? So my amp is not powerful enough? or is it because of my battery and alternator? If so, then would i rather buy a yellow top optima battery, buy another cap (I have a one farad cap already), or buy a bigger alternator? Cost efficiency should be considered.

Username: Dr_crankenstein

Post Number: 3
A bigger alternator is what you need if the damage was caused by clipping.

Post Number: 639
what he said.
insufficient current 'to' the amplifier... from the alternator, which needs to be large enough to handle the amplifiers as well as teh car's demands.

cap won't help, and battery only helps if the engine is off.

peace

Post Number: 6
Are there any online sites where I can buy an alternator for the cheapest? Are all alternators universal or do they specialize to fit certain vehicles?

Post Number: 649
the alternators are vehicle specific, but many car makers use the same alternator casing on a lot of motors.
try www.mralternator.com

Post Number: 7
The thing is though, my lights don't even dim that much, barely noticeable only if you really look at the lights. Would it be that my subs voice coils were weak? A dude at a local shop told me that he recommended me to sell my fosgates on ebay because they aren't good at playing rap and hip hop, only country and rock. I mostly listen to rap.

Post Number: 655
want some good subs?
www.adireaudio.com
look at theirs.
Shivas, Brahmas, Tempests.

Username: Newb

Post Number: 69
hmm never noticed the Fs for the brahmas were so high...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us