JL XR's or Boston Acoustics Pro60

Username: Tallywhacker

Post Number: 4
This is my dilemma these are going in the front door of my 04 GMC Yukon. I heard that the JL's are lacking some midbass. Anyone know firsthand? Also I plan to put some cheaper coaxials in the rear doors(Due to budget constraints) Is that ok?
System plans are:
either of these 2 comps in the front matching brand coaxials in the rear
Boston acoustics Neo3r tweets in the a pillar for sound imaging
and 2 JL10w6v2 in the rear with a JL1000/1

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 359
The ProSeries is more comparable to the Kappa Perfect, IMO. Best bet is to demo them.

Get rear speakers from the same brand (preferably the same line) to maintain some semblance of imaging -- completely different speakers will create a different sound in the rear compartment (which you don't really want). Boston SL65s come to mind.

-Matt

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 73
I Love the Boston pro series. The are very well balanced, and worked really well in the doors of my S10. The are very efficent too, so you don't need a huge amp to power them.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1609
Midbass is pretty good on the XRs, IMO it's better than the Pro series. Not the greatest, but pretty solid above 80 hz. They also take more than the rated power, I've used them before with a JL 300/2 w/o problems, so people giving them 50-70W may not be as pleased.

Bronze Member
Username: Sas

Post Number: 29
have you listened to any of them? one thing i like to do when i was working at a shop was to put the speakers in the car so the customer can hear them in the enviroment they will be in. best thing to do is listen to them for yourself and if the shop is any good they will put them in your truck so you can compare them....
my prefrence would be the boston pro's. VERY clean, they are some of the best speakers i have heard, give them about 100 watts of power
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us