Tweeter Install - Dashboard Or Door

Bronze Member
Username: Maxkilla

Malta

Post Number: 83
Where's the best position to insall the tweeter of an infinity kappa perfect 6.1 component set ? Door, dashboard etc....

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 84
I heared aswell that kick panels are best for the infinity kappa perfect 6.1 what do u think guys ???

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 826
For Kappa Perfects, I recommend installing the tweeter close to the woofer, such as kick panels or door locations, very close to the mid. The metal tweeter is bright and has extended freq. range, making them great when mounted on-axis with the mid, when they're up high phase is an issue (when the drivers are separated far apart) and the tweeters are very bright and may be harsh to your ears. Mounting them close to each other will offer great results. Just make sure to try each before making a permanent location, mount the tweeter in different places with double sided tape before you make your decision. Remember that everyone's tastes are different.

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 85
So i can install them in the door ?? And they will perform as good as kick panels ?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 831
Yes, keep in mind I was referring to lower door locations, right beside and above the mid. Upper door would work, but the drivers wouldn't blend as well together, plus the tweeter will be right beside your head. The tweeters are strong enough that you'll hear the detail they have regardless of how far away they are mounted, they'll sound better with a little distance than being that close to you. Soft domes with extended range and hard dome tweeters work very well and usually best when mounted close to the driver. As far as the tweeter in the door, they will perform just as good as they would in kick panels, with a little more clarity and the drivers blend better. I don't like to put a mid in the door and a tweeter in the kick panel, it's backwards. Mids benefit from kicks more than tweeters do. If you are putting the mid in a kick panel, I recommend putting the tweeter there as well, though.

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 87
How much away from the mid-bass must i install the tweeter ??

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 88
Any Help Guys?
Let say about 3 inches away would be good ?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 840
I try to keep them as close as possible, no more than 2-3 inches from the mid. I always mount them a tad above the mid and directed more to the listeners ears in a criss cross fashion.

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 89
If i place the tweeter under the mid-bass would it make any difference ?

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 91
If i place the tweeter under the mid-bass would it make any difference ?

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 314
I wouldn't do it, just because you'd be exacerbating the "rainbow effect", which isn't all that good for people in seats.

-Matt

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 93
Where's the best position to install the components ... ?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 852
If you're going with the door location, put the tweeter above the mid, and angle it towards you. If you want the best imaging (especially for the mids), consider custom kick panels. Remember that below the mid, the tweeter is that much closer to your feet, and high frequencies are much more directional than the midrange. That's why I recommend the tweeter above the mid, if you angle it your leg shouldn't obstruct the sound, plus you get added detail of the tweeter without timing and phase issues. The fact that the metal dome tweeters have extended freq. range and are bright makes them work well with closer to on-axis locations rather than right beside your head in an A-pillar, trust me they work extremely well right beside and above the mid.

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 94
Ok 10x so i'll install the tweeter in the middle of the door above the mid ... I guess it will be ok ..

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 96
Anybody Can give me a hint on finding the best position for the tweeter so i can hear it loud and perfect quality!!!

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 97
Anybody Can give me a hint on finding the best position for the tweeter so i can hear it loud and perfect quality!!! The mid-bass will be installed in the factory speaker place in the door... The car is a honda civic 1991...

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 98
Anybody Can give me a hint on finding the best position for the tweeter so i can hear it loud and perfect quality!!! The mid-bass will be installed in the factory speaker place in the door... The car is a honda civic 1991...

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 886
Jesus, if you have doubts, then try installing the tweeter in numerous different places with double sided tape. When you listen for the best location, do so for a long time and at the volume you would usually listen to. Treble can get harsh after a while if it's too bright. If you really want huge treble detail, you could mount them in A pillars, but the sound will be out of phase and OVERLY harsh, especially with the metal domes of the Kappa Perfects (the tweeters are LOUD and bright, to the point of being harsh) hence why I've given you my opinion many different times. You can cut the tweeter down on the crossover, but it's still very bright even at that point. You'll hear the tweeter very loud and clear from the location I recommended, without timing and phase issues like you would high up, it will still give you all the treble you would ever want. Look at the Kappa Perfect manual, it recommends door and kick panel tweeter locations. This is because of the crossover phase and frequency of the crossover. Those tweeters cross over at 3.5k, upper vocal region, so the drivers need to blend together to accurately produce music (mix high and mid/low vocals together, guitar, etc. properly), if not (such as a high A pillar location) you'll hear upper vocals and screeching guitar first and loudest mainly and neglect the midrange of the system. This can really get agitating after a little while down the road, your ears will begin to hurt. I recommended the location with reason. The tweeters of the components were designed to be located near the mid, hence why they made them metal domes and very bright. The door location will offer a very detailed sound while blending the drivers together more accurately. With tweeters that cross over higher than that, it isn't as much of an issue.

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 99
10x Jonathan another question where can i install the crossovers ???

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 892
Ideally you would keep them close to the drivers, basically anywhere that you can get a solid mount and they won't get wet, sometimes the inside of the door will work IF you put them where they won't get wet or make a cover where they will not have a chance of getting wet. I usually try to install mine in kick panels or somewhere along that region.

Silver Member

Malta

Post Number: 104
Ok i installed the components in the door with the tweeter about 3.5 inches away from the mid-bass and the crossovers were installed under the seats..
MMM now i need some help to set up the amplifiers settings if you can help...

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 365
Which settings?

-Matt

Silver Member

Malta

Post Number: 107
the HFP frequency and the bass frequency

on a ZX4000 for the Infinity Kappa Perfects

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1135
Set the HPF to around 75-80 hz and you'll be good to go.

beezzer
Unregistered guest
is it absolutely neccessary to power tweeters thru an amplifier? or is there another way without blowing all that money?

Username: Jarryd2018

Post Number: 9
can u install the tweeters inside the door like u do the mids but put it next to the mid so the sound will still come thru the grill
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us