Need some help with making my new system

Username: Hella325

Suwanee, Ga USA

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, my first post on the boards. I need to pick some brains here. Currently I have a fairly mild setup in my car, 450max pioneer IMPP 12" sub and a 760max pioneer amp. I want to upgrade to something a ltitle more serious. Things im thinking about

sub I want:1200RMS Power Acoustik MOFO
AMP: JBL 1200.1 or something fairly equivilent ( any sugjestions)

Ok, heres where I need help:
Wires, how big? Brand matter?
Capasitor how many fraud and what brands?
Alternator do I need to get a bigger one? (my curent alternator is 90 amps)
And is there anything else i should take into consideration?
thanks guys.

Suwanee, Ga USA

Post Number: 2
Anyone? Im shopping for the various components at the moment, and any help would be awesome. thanks

Suwanee, Ga USA

Post Number: 3
c'mon no one has any sugjestions?

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 695
Im not too sure on the speakers but I can help you with the other stuff.

Wires, how big? 4 gauge kit. Get it from www.knukonceptz.com. Brand matter? IMO NO
Capasitor how many fraud and what brands? Skip the cap and just get a bigger alternator.
Alternator do I need to get a bigger one? (my curent alternator is 90 amps) I would say yea. Go with around an 150-200 amp alternator with a nice deep cycle battery.
And is there anything else i should take into consideration? Give yourself plenty of time to install it all. Also you may want to upgrade your front speakers with a good set of compments with a good amp for those.
thanks guys.

Hope this helps ya.

Bronze Member
Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 39
Before you invest in a new alternator, run the system and see if it dims. The demand for a new alt really depends on how loud you play your music most of the time.

Also, don't get the Power Acustik sub if you can help it. There is much better out there. You will even get more, and better, sound coming out of another brand of sub with even less wattage.

Suwanee, Ga USA

Post Number: 4
What other brands/subs would you recomend? what sounds the best for a reasonable price?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us