What amp should I use??

Username: Fabulaos

Post Number: 1
I have purchased 2 12" alpine type-r subs. the model is the swr-1241D. I now just need an amp, wat would u guys suggest me

Post Number: 2
I have some in mind but not sure if I should get those, so I want to hear your suggestions first.

Btw, the subs are in ported box that alpine made for those subs, and not dat it matters, it's going in a mk4 Jetta.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 70
Ok a few questions to qualify a good answer for you first:
a: will you consider a new alternator to handle the amplifier(s) used for those subs? The Type0R subs can use quite a bit of good clean power, and that Jetta won't hack it with a stock alternator.

b: what is your budget for this amplifier?

c: what is the rest of your system with which you'll be pairing up this amplifier?

knowing that I can help a bit more accurately.

Post Number: 3
A: Since u mentionned it, I will be considering a new alternator

B: Budjet does not matter

c: Well I only have the two 12" 1241D subs in a ported box and dats it, nothing more.

Post Number: 77
ok the Type R subs take ~500WRMS each.
Look at the Kicker KX series amplifiers. Good stuff there, and reasonably priced for the quality.
If you want something better, go Zapco.

Post Number: 4
LOL, I was actually looking into getting the kicker KX1200.1 but wanted ur opinions. Well it seems like I did the right choice. But which kickers should I go with:

Kicker KX800.2 or Kicker KX1200.1, because I think the KX1200.1 is too much power and will blow my subs, correct me if I'm wrong. Therefore KX800.2 is perfect, but with the KX1200.1 I can then eventually upgrade my subs to something better wat u think?

Username: Liquidsnakeblue

Post Number: 1
If i could impose upon you for just a moment, I would have to personally recommend the JL amps. They have some of the best amps I have ever heard in my life, and I own a JL 500/1. It's a 500 watt RMS mono channel amp, and it more than adequately powers my two JL subs. Since you mentioned above that budget isn't an issue, why not get 2? One for each sub!

Post Number: 5
JL uh? I don't know. I'll check dat out.

Post Number: 2
Kickers are good also... i've been to several competions where kickers have done very well... it comes down to personal choice really.

Post Number: 6
I see, dats why u recommend the JL. Alright, it's cuz I get the kickers dirt cheap dats why.

Post Number: 83
the JL Audio 1000/1 would give you 500 watts each to a pair of single coil 4 Ohm subs.
Yeah the JL is a fantastic amplifier, but it's also a hell of a lot more expensive than the Kicker, much like the Zapco amplifier, which I'd actually place above even the JL. Anyway mostly this depends on your wallet.
The KX1200.1 will give you 600WRMS/sub, which should be fine with those Alpines. If you're really worried about it, you can turn down the sub level a bit on your crossover or head unit to decrease the signal being sent to the subs, and that'll keep them from getting the full power of the amplifier even when you turn it up.

Post Number: 4
Hmmm where do you get the kicker amps for dirt cheap?... i'm kinda interested...

Post Number: 7
Well it's from this dude I know. In the states is what 1000$ US, I think. The internets prices are 799$ US. I get it for 690$ CDN. Cuz I live in canada

Post Number: 101
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=kic02kx12001

$439.99 US
Kicker 02KX1200.1 KX-Series Stereo Amplifier
300 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 Ohms
600 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 Ohms
1200 Watts RMS x 1 @ 1 Ohms
Stable at 1 Ohm
25 Hz Subsonic Filter
Efficient Class D Amp Design
0-18 dB Kickbass Bass Boost @ 40 Hz
Dash-Mountable Remote Bass Level Control
Speaker And Preamp Level Inputs
Preamp Outputs
MOSFET Power Supply
Frequency Response: 20-200 Hz
Amp-Strapping circuit allows two KX1200.1 Amps to be Joined to Produce Double Power
Dimensions (W x H x D): 22-11/16" x 2-9/16" x 10-1/8"

Post Number: 8
I didn't see dat 1. It's cuz I checked sounddomain.com: http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/KIC02KX12001

Post Number: 104
wow holy crap what a gap in pricing.. heh
I bought my Alpine CDA-9813 from etronics and had zero problems though, so if ya do need a good online pricing site, they're good.
sounddomain seems to charge MSRP for everything anyway though.. I never was fond of their site.
They sell a lot of crap companies, too.
Anyway, great amp.
even though I wish Kicker would call it a 300.1 since it's really only 300WRMS @ 4 Ohms, even if it is one Ohm stable.
I guess I'm just used to amps being advertised at their 4 Ohm load output for better products.
old school.
heh

Post Number: 9
LOL, I see. I'm not dat good at finding great internet prices but... heh. Ya they should call it 300.1, but it's just good advertisement. It makes ppl who don't know this kind of stuff want to buy it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us