W7 what amp and other stuff take a look

Anonymous

Hey Iam thinking of getting a 12" or a 13.5" W7. I was wondering what should I use to power those for the 12" and the 13.5. Also can you guys post any past experiences that you have had with this sub how you like it what you hit what amp box type and size that you used?

Bronze Member
Username: Tbone

Post Number: 48
X-Class Autotek monoblock, good sub, the box type and size depend on your vehicle.

Anonymous

autotek sux though or thats what i heard

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Really? Oh Well, everyone has their own opinion. My IASCA trophies sure look good though.

Anonymous

what are you running?

Bronze Member

OK United States

Post Number: 81
Guess what, did you see my post in amplifiers? Last night on the way to the carwash I hit a deer, well, we hit each other! Anyway, he flew over the top of my GMC, after hitting the front drivers side fender and hood, dented the roof, but destroyed the bed, and everything in it. My custom cut thru with four savard rap 15's is toast, including the sub. Oh yeah, the vehicle is toast also, there goes all my hard work. So now I will only be riding my commuter truck, but will be able to transfer some of the equipment. The vehicle is totaled, surprising what one deer can do to a vehicle. Anyway, used Alpine Hu, Alpine CD Changer, Autotek preamp, Autotek Sound processors, Infinity Kappa's Front and Rear components, with the rear tweets mounted on the back side of the rearview mirror wire out of phase, for reflection off the windshield, which would put them back in phase, One Autotek 7050 running the front through custom passive network (1.8 ohm per side), and one Autotek 7050 XX running four savard rap 15's in the cut through on the bed. Wires all monster, with isolator and two extra batteries w/caps inline. Not bad for a 88 watt system (12 DC 4 ohm load), but now all is gone, will miss it.

Anonymous

that sux man but you willget insurence for all that stuff wont you?

Bronze Member

OK United States

Post Number: 91
Hopefully, first I had to deal with the cops. Man I just hit a deer, and hair is all over the place, so my turned red (contacts). After about 30 minutes a local cop showed up, took a look at me and said "Your eyes are red, you been drinking"? to which of course I replied "your eyes are glazed, you been eating doughnuts"? Always wanted to use that joke. Didn't go over good, anyway he told me I had to pay for a tag to take the deer home. I asked why? He said it was state property. I told him that state property had just destroyed my private property, and then I would buy the tag, since its their property, and then bill the state for my damages. That also didn't go over well. He then told he could measure my skidmarks to tell if I was speeding, and I told him to measure his skidmarks on his toilet first. anyway, I finally the towtruck arrived and informed me that i didn't need a tag, I could inform the wildlife dept. the next day i hit a deer. Funny isn't it, the tow truck driver knew more than the cops, and yeah, filed the insurance claim today and should get my money back eventually.

Silver Member
Username: Tikolx333

Post Number: 121
well good luck with that. if you need new equipment let me know i have the kicker 1200 for sale and 3 xtant subs all like new.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us