Question for more expierenced

Jacob Johnson
Unregistered guest
i was told that 15" subs are better for rap and that 10" are better for rock, i was just wondering why this was
i was also told that there were some notes that 15s could not hit but that 10s could

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 95
Basicaly, the 10" sub will have tighter bass producing better sound quality (SQ) where as the 15" sub will have more surface area (i know stating the obvious)which will give it higher sound performance level (SPL) basicaly the 15 will be alot louder where as the 10 will give you tighter responce...depends what your looking for...sound quality or loud booming bass...

Jacob Johnson
Unregistered guest
so how would it work out if i had 2 15s for loudness and also 1 or 2 10s for good sound, and what subs would i go with if this were to work

Bronze Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 97
you wouldn't notice the 10's, the 2 15's would just dround them out, not to mention for dual 15's you'll need a crazy amount of room...

Bronze Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 98
i think what you may want is just get 2 12s, that should give you desent SQ as well as some good bass...look into maybe some Kicker CompVR's, alpine type r's or from brahmas. depending on your budget or what your looking to spend, what kind of amp do you have?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us