Experienced Audo guy-need Great Sub Recommendation

Username: Mrrichard

Post Number: 6
Hello All,

I'm looking for suggestions from some experts here. Learned everything I know from this Forum back in the day. Esp. Glasswolf--Thanks

Previous systems:
15" RE XXX (amazing SQ for how loud it got)
2 15" Digital Designs 9500's (stupid loud and sounded good doing so)

I like loud music, previous systems were in a truck (taking up whole back row.

I now have an 2010 Infiniti G37 coupe (system to go in trunk, cant fit huge box) not a lot of trunk space to work with.

I've had an Orion 1200d for years that has been great to me, Never any problems. I plan on using this to power new system.

I've had the "bleed your ears out" style and am over that now. Now I want amazing sound that gets real loud, like 45%SPL 55%SQ Ish--still gotta be louder than everyone (locally not competition) but I want it to sound amazing since I listen to fast paced music.

My thoughts: 2 Image Dynamics IDmax 10's small ported
2 Image Dynamics IDmax 12's sealed

Other thoughts: Incriminator Audio, FI, Soundsplinter, Resonant Engineering (NO JL Audio or other mainstream)

Just getting back to the Ecoustics Thang. Suggestions please and thanks

RJ

Bronze Member
Username: Fritz1

Pierce, ID

Post Number: 16
I got a IA Death Penalty, kind of spendy but a awesome sub!!! I have 12" in a 2.5 cubed box tuned to 34Hz running a MMATS 2100.2 amp at 2 ohms pushing 2000 watts. VERY loud and sounds great, you cant go wrong with IA.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1829
If you can fit a 15" mounted vertically do that, loud with SQ you can look at ascendant audio havoc (or a couple of 12 chaos), FI Q, SSA Icon, probably TC Sounds LMS.

Username: Mrrichard

Post Number: 7
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14841
Fi Q 12 in a sealed box, and use the options on the Q offered by Fi to tune it for sealed use (high Q)

If space is an issue, consider fiberglassing the box so you can shape it to the trunk space in one corner of the trunk. You can drive the sub with up to 1Kw of power, but it should do fine with about 500-800 watts RMS.

I use an Fi Q 15" in my Charger now. The Fi Q was designed by the same guy who designed the original gen 1 Re XXX, so you'll be very familiar with the feel of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us