15" sub

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudio4life

Clovis, CA USA

Post Number: 54
hey there ecoustics listeners,

was hoping i could get some suggestions on a 15 " subwoofer, i recently purchased the mb quart onx1.1600d new model and was wondering if anyone knew of a good sub for around 200 bucks.
that i can use to run amp at 1 ohm.
i already have a lanzar vibe vw15dvc 4 ohms it states that it can handle 1000 wrms and 2000 watts max, i just have a feeling its not going to work out. im going to running amp at 2 ohms for now, untill i purchase a new sub. i also have a 2 cuft sealed enclosure already, i would prefer a sub that produces really good low frequencies

thanks for all your help

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1675
No real subs for 200 that can do 1600. and I guess your enclosure is sealed, ported enclosures for a 15 sub are about 3-4 cubes or more.

The amp is actually pretty good value amp and will do the job. I would recommend selling that sub asap and add the 200. get a Fi Q or an Ascendant audio Chaos which is a little cheaper.

Bronze Member

Clovis, CA USA

Post Number: 55
Thanks for the input joe, system was actually purchased by my wife as a graduation present , go figure she picked out a decent amp but sub is lacking, it was hard to find reviews on my amp, what do you think it's actually putting out rms at 2ohms and at 1 ohm, oh what do you think of a DVc 2 ohm type r , there 200 shipped on sonicelectronix or I was thinking of getting an older model re sx if I can find one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1676
You can find used stuff on caraudioclassifieds.org, not really a believer in used stuff specially subs (unless you plan to recone) but who knows.

That amp is new but MBQ amps are CEA certified so they do about rated. I haven't clamped one myself though. Also run cool and efficient. Really nice for the price.

If you are thinking on the new 1k type r, I guess it's ok, some people have said that don't sound as nice as older models but not sure, although it will cost some more. This will laugh at the R:

http://store.ficaraudio.com/ssd15/

These subs are custom built for you.

Anyways you should also think in electrical upgrades for >1KW systems on most cars so do a little research on that as well.

Bronze Member

Clovis, CA USA

Post Number: 57
Big 3 upgrade and new battery and ho alternator were next on my list, after I get good sub, the ssd looks awesome, if I go ported, I would like to tune box to 28 hz but am limited on space, I have a 2001 Honda civic with baby due in November , so my box design needs to be able to have a stroller thrown back there with no worries to sub being punctured, so most likely a sub firing up with ports aimed at license plate

Gold Member

Post Number: 1678
The typical configurations for trunk cars are subs/port front or back or subs front/back and port side.

Usually your car have 70A alts if that's the case then so yes an upgrade would be in order some deep cycle batt and good power wiring.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us