Jbl bp1200.1 amp

Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 4
i recently bought a brahma 15" sub that pushes 1600 watts rms. i was wondering if a jbl bp1200.1 amp would b eable to power the amp so i have good sq and spl. if you wouldn't go with a jbl please recommend some other amps, regardless of the price. thanks guys.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 847
hmm

well i honestly wouldnt reccomend putting more than 1000w rms on it

hifonics brutus bx1000d would be a better bet for this application i would like to say

and for best results, make a large slot vented box tuned to 28~34 Hz

and hell yes you will never get anything less than awesome SQ and great SPL

Post Number: 8
thanks for your help. i found a prefab box at subzeromfg.com, if you have time to check it out. it says it is the best design for the brahma. if you have time, check it out and tell me what you think. thanks again

Post Number: 9
thanks for your help. i found a prefab box at subzeromfg.com, if you have time to check it out. it says it is the best design for the brahma. if you have time, check it out and tell me what you think. thanks again

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 352
Robbie A JBL 1200.1 will work good with a Brahma. If I'm correct I think Glass and Jonathan recommends JBL 1200.1s for Brahmas and JBL 600.1 for Shivas. I have seen a LOT of people on this board with the same set up and they wasn't saying anything about problems with it. The box your talking about looks good I think it will be a good choice. Good Luck

Post Number: 10
thank you for your help, i will probably take all your ideas into thought. i need all the help i can get.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
what would you say glass? good set up or do i need help?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4117
the brahma needs around 500-800 watts to reach full output.
whatever amp you choose is up to you

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 848
a bp1200.1 would be overpowering it and so would the bx1000d then, so i would go with bx750d then

750w rms x1 @ 1 ohm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us