2 amps 1 sub,connecting to each coil

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3283
How would I go about hooking up 2 amps to my 1 sub? I was thinking about getting another JBL amp and hooking each amp to each coil on my sub. They are not strappable so can this even be done? My main concern would be the gain and other settings. Im guessing they would have to be iditical. Also what about the RCAs? I only have one RCA output on my HU lol.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

KY USA

Post Number: 750
the rca signal can be split. or you could use rca output on one amp to go into the input of the other. the settings would ideally need to be identical. but you could use an external crossover before the amplifiers to adjust SSF,LPF, etc and then cut the LPF on the amps wide open and SSF all the way down. i think you get the idea.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3284
So if I got 2 of these

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KARSS1F2M

would I just plug each RCA in to each end of these? Like take one RCA and plug it in to get 2 RCAs going to one amp and then plug the other RCA in to the other one and go to the other amp?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3285
And is this not really reccomended or will it be OK to do this?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11734
It is not recommended. If you do it you have to be absolutely sure to set the gains exactly the same with a DMM.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

KY USA

Post Number: 751
it is ok to do this but, when you pslit the signal you also split the signal strength. you may look into using a line driver before the signal split.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16615
the loss in signal strength wouldnt be worth it to me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us