Anybody know what these are worth???

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 252
had these tucked away in the basement closet for a long time. forgot about them. was going to do an old school setup with my rubicon 502 and 302 for the highs from back in the day.never got around to it. will probably just sell them.Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8398
I bet some jackass designed them.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 245
mule bull

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1007
They look like a couple of work horses though...

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 253
One note wonders as far as i know. i built the box to spec. Polyfill. not real good on the lows. going to try to do a bigger sealed or maybe a 4th order, if i don't sell them that is.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 254
dont waste your time or money on them things. sell em to some dummy

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 254
I don't know when soundstream put these out. never heard much about them back then.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 241
lol old skool, don't know much except they were decent burp subs n liked somewhat smaller boxes thats about it.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 256
I built a box that soundstream suggested. .75 sealed little bit of polyfil. loud around 40 and 50 hz. falls off the table below that. not my cup of tea. think i paid 50 bucks for them several years ago. i just bought a soundstream xxx 18. i'll stick with it. lol just partial to old school stuff. but these are no good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
mmmmmm ss xxx nice.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 257
Using the xxx for an in between build while i wait for the second 21" warden to come in. really excited to get the xxx put in. i need to post some pics of the xxx. the motor is pure sexxxy as it were.

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
xxx are some mean subs. how you like those wardens? they look nice but ive allways wondered if the motor was strong enough to control that massive cone. should make one hellacious ground pounder.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 258
I just had the one installed. on an rf 30001. its a really nice sub. ia is the real deal. suprisingly its a good daily sub. i dont compete or anything. i might this coming year with the two. will have to do more electric upgrades to run the second 3000. i am getting to the point that i'm about done with the bigger setups. just such an undertaking. bought troy's type x for my commuter car and the single sub sq setup is more my speed anymore.

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
wow type x to some xxx's or wardens lol very big difference. an ya i know what you mean. i went from an AA atlas 15 sq sub to a shocker sig 12 spl sub. sig is nice an all but sometimes wish it would blend better an some days i wanna bump but nothing crazy which is hard with the sig it seems. so got a trade off.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 259
I've always wanted to hear a shocker. a 12 on caco caught my eye today. mean looking sub. get pretty loud?

Silver Member

Post Number: 267
ya id say its pretty loud for a single 12 on 1k rms pretty much. Definatly loudest single sub setup ive ever heard. if i had to guess id say low 140s on music but never had it metered for sure. there nice subs but a b1tch to recone cause the gap is so small. You know which version sig it was on caco? i got the very first version sig the 05 version is the best one. I know people have set wr with that sub.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16349
sounds nice id like to hear one

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 260
I'm not sure what version it is. its in the 12" sub section. i would post link but i can't cut and paste with my phone. he just described it as older. what do you think a good price on one is?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16370
uh oh somebodies looking to buy

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
Depends what version it is. I know mike personally an get 05 sig motors custom made into 12 or 15s for 400. So if its an older model id probally say 300 at most espically if its used.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 261
does he live in indiana? i think he was selling various motors and fully built sigs and i think he said he lived in ft. wayne IN. could pick something up if he still has some.

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
na he lives like 15mins from me in sherwood ohio a small azz hick town lol kinda by defiance or hicksville ohio. an ya he has all kinds of motors 4hps, teamr rfs, 3hp, and a bunch of random tc stuff.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16382
4hp nice

Silver Member

Post Number: 270
i looked at that sig on caco, looks like an 02 03 model, those are ok they have the biggest gap so you can pretty much put any coil in it, but he said being sold as is so that kinda makes me iffy. that sub is more daily beater than burp sub. still get loud though.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 262
I have team rf 15 that was done by psi. has the 4hp and a 12 spoke basket painted red. its really sweet. i have thread on here from awhile back. i think it says just picked these up or guess what these are. its a thread i put on after i picked up 2 18" crossfire subs. they have the same motors as the smd aa audios. if you have a second look under my name and threads i started. you will appreciate that team rf. i just started posting a bunch of pics of my collection.

Silver Member

Post Number: 274
a lot of nice subs dude. The trf an first gen sig are very similar except the coil size. The sig uses a 3in an the trf is 4in. Sig is more efficient but the trf can take more power thermally obvisouly. Both pretty good spl subs. How you like those crossfires? the motors are cool in theroy but they have so much moving mass takes a ot of power to get em moving.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 267
Still have yet to install them. i went to buy one and he made me deal i couldn't turn down. i've heard mixed things about them. the smd's anyways. some have said that the second stack of slugs is useless because the coil couldn't travel that far. not sure what i am going to do with them. anyways, how big of a box do the sigs need? and whats the least amount of power i can get away with? will be going in the commuter honda and i am being lazy with the power upgrades.

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
depends what spiders it has honestly. A stock sig came with 1 medium stiffness spider n 3in 4layer vc so it could take 1k rms with no problem but you could easily burp it 3k plus. My sig has 2 medium spiders so its setup for 1500wrms. Mike said you could put 3 or 4 very stiff spiders an set it up for 3k dialy but after awhile youd fry the coil. Could prlly get away with 800wrms or so it could just take a lot more if you ever wanted to upgrade.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 268
what size box am i looking at? i really want to try one. is he on caco? i can't remember where i saw him.

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
mines 3.3cf tuned to 38hz and he said thats perfect for the 12. I have his phone number. Email me kicker_solox1@hotmail an ill give it to ya.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us