Complete hard hitting system?

Bronze Member
Username: Chevy4u

Dallas, Tessas United States

Post Number: 13
Glasswolf gave me a lot of useful information awile back, but I've come to realize that set up is going to cost too much damn money.. Sooo my budget is right around $1,000.. I'm kind of set on getting the jvc avx77... Maybe a little lee-way on the money for the headunit. I care about Sq 5% out of 100%.. I just really want Spl. This isn't for competitions by any means, I just want to beat down the block. Like the type of bass where when people roll up it's just shaking vibrating everything. I do need a frontstage but again, to reinstate, as long I can hear the rap music over the bass it's all good lol.. And my boy has 3 12' jl w7's, so if I could get a system that would beat harder then him in that price range it would be golden.. All this will be going in a Silverado ext. cab, Itaking the back seat out so I should have plenty of room.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Oh ya and If anyone in the Dallas fort worth area wants to install all this crap I will pay you!

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1050
Wow.. Well if you want the type of bass that will "shake everything" you want an SQ oriented sub. SQ subs are going to shine at the low end bass which is what you're looking for. SPL is for being loud, not low. Now, with that said, the enclosure is going to play largely into how the bass response is as well. Lastly you're going to need a lot of power to get what you're expecting. You're not going to be able to run that sort of power on stock electrical. You'll need a larger alt and atleast one additional battery. Your $1000 budget won't cover what you're looking for. 3 12 w7s if set up properly should have some nasty low end bass. It'll be hard to beat that easily.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
F u k.. Well this dude runs all this on a stock electrical.. And he has no dimming whatsoever?? Mehh okk.. Thanks anyway.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1052
What amps is he running and what kind of vehicle is it in? You can do a slamming system for $1000 but it may not meet your expectations.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23290
Deep? I liked my 15" Mag but my 18" Q does a better job on the lows. The mag is a better driver of the two but FI has it beat on value when on a budget. Since you have the room the Q will need you could always consider a single 18" driver, maybe?

18's are just wicked on the deep side IMO.

Since $$ is an issue I didn't include brands like SS and such.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
His is in a dodge ram ext cab maaannn.. And he's running the w7's on a R.F 2000 watt amp in a center console box.. He also has an amp running his mids n highsss.. Fi Q?? I heard good things about this subbb... What amp would you recommend?? And what about my electrical :,(

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 145
Sundown 1200d, aq1200d , kicker zx1000.1 those are close to the model names of some amps that would run a Q. But keep in mind that yoyou'll need a 1/0 gauge wiring kit, ide go with knu konceptz, thats just my favorable brand, and they have one for around $ 80, and a hu that has preouts.

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1024
Bro spend an extra 300$. Get a 1200 $ budget it would be worth it. Get 3 fi q's at 4- ohm loads each .700$ roughly all together for 3 12''s. Each fi is 1000 rms.So youll have 3000 rms all together. You will need a 3000 watt amp, and a High output alternator that will run around 180$. You can find amps that will power 3000 watts for around a little over your budget. You dont want to fu>ck around and be for real spend the extra n smash your buddies system to shi.t. Hes only running 2000 rms an extra 1000 rms would ruin him. Also fi q's are great and jl w7's are overpriced for what you get . Tell your buddy i said he's a jacka.ss for wasting money on pointless sh.it that he coulda got for alot less. Take it easy

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1053
Are those w7s in a ported or sealed enclosure? They're gonna require a massive box for all 3. If they're only seeing 2k rms you could take him going a little over your budget.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1168
i think i have dropped ~1k on sound deading with shipping, dam heavy crap. just spend the money, if you take good care of your equipment it will last for ever.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Aight well his are in a sealed enclosure bro. SKD do you recommend the Fi Q also? And ya Pimp I know.. Dude dropped like over 2 stacks on his system at cartoys.. And he hasnt even begun paying it off.. 18 year old in debt = sad. Anyway I need to scrape his set-up. Since this is going to cost more, I'll just have to save up, and get the rest at Christmas time

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 696
X2 on the Fi Q. I dont think you would be disapointed with them

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1058
I'd say go with 2 15" Fi Qs in a ported enclosure tuned low. For exact dimensions, one of the other guys on here who are beast at making enclosures can shine more light on that. But yeah, if low bass is what you're going for the Qs will do well for you and also be musical while doing so. That way they'll get loud, low and not sound like barf. You could get a SAZ 2000D or an AQ 2200D to run to them. Being a truck, you may be ok running that sort of power as long as gains and everything are set properly. Upgrading the big 3 would be a must. I'd say 2 Qs ported with 2k rms might just take your friend. It also isnt going to run you near as much as 3 12 w7s at retail either. I wish people who spend that sort of cash at a retail shop would come onto a fourm first for advice. They could save themselves some cash, or get an even better system with the same amount of money. That's what keeps places in business though so it all happens for a reason.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 700
x2 2 15'' Qs would sound amazing!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
F u k yeaaa!! Ok I'm pretty set on the Fi Q 15's and the audioque 2200d.. Hmm I'll need that 1/0 gauge wiring kit right? SKD you said that I should be okay with my electrical, but if a h/o alt is something I need then I'll get it bro.. Becuase Ima be blastin my shiettt.. Since I'm going with this amp does this mean I get dual 1 or dual 2 ohm subs?Also, what about all these freakin options like cooling n stuff? :/

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1063
Getting a HO alt is a great idea, just wasn't sure if you wanted to spend the extra money or not. Check into DC Power Engineering or Mechman for a HO alt. 1/0 gauge wire would be a must. If you want to run 2 subs to a final impedance of 1 ohm then you want each sub to be dual 1 ohm. That way you can wire each to 2 ohm then bridge them to the amp at 1 ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
How many amps for that alt would you suggest? I've been having trouble finding one for a 95 silverado. Only seen 96 and up.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1175
220-250 maybe.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5760
If your going with the Q's please please please do not get a pre-fab. box... All I gotta say lol

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11291
pat:

http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/catalog.php?item=12

bassman:

If he goes with a sealed box prefab can be ok long as it's the right size. But yea for ported no.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3204
"pat:

http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/catalog.php?item=12 "

How good are those alt?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11297
They get very good regard from people running them and prices are not bad. The next alternator I need will prob be that exact one.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3208
Do it you won't be disappointed. I wasn't and i've had mine close to two years. Haven't had a problem yet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Aight cool. Ya I was thinking a ported box. I should be killing everyone around my area. . .. Ok so subs, amp, 1/0 gauge kit, h/o alt.. And a custom boxxx.. Am I missin anything ? I already have a aftermarket h/u.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Oh ya I was thinking some powerbass components, and throwin them on a 200.2

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1067
Get Dustin to build you a box. It'll be affordable, built like a tank and look freakin' sweet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
So I was just about to order the Fi Q's, when I saw a video on YouTube of a Single Hdc3 flexing dirty.. What do y'all think about this sub?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4402
Get the Q's, you will not be disappointed. I miss mine so much. Once I am employed again I'm gettin sum mo dem bit(hes!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15174
yeah if you want lows skip the hdc's and go with the q's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us