Help with sub amplifier battery

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Tucker, Georgia United States

Post Number: 410
I about to install my Crescendo sub amplifier soon. I need a battery(ies), but am apprehensive about shelling out $349 + for one XS Power D3100. When I saw some of the specs, it seems to be only slightly more powerful than other Agm batteries. I could go down to the local Sears or Auto Zone and get much more affordable batteries. I am only building a street system. What would be wrong with running two Duralast or one Sears marine platinum?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15181
nothing that marine platnium is a rebadged oddesey 2150 get it or two

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1690
I don't know how your running that amp but at .5 ohm that things pulls some serious power. I had 3 odyssey 1750's and they helped the voltage very well but in the middle of a song on some hard bumps voltage would have no problem dipping.

^^x2 on the sears platinum.^^ and those 2150's are beastly batteries.

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Tucker, Georgia United States

Post Number: 411
I am going to be pressing the amp at one ohm. But from what I am hearing (reading-you tube), it might behoove me to actually get an XS D3100. The manufactures claim that the battery will run 4000 watts as an only battery and 5000 watts as a support battery. i hope some one who has one or is familiar with the batt will weigh in and convince me to spend 349$. Joe, by the way how did your crescendo sound?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16549
iic those DEKA batts u see sort of often being used on builds in the ssa forum are cheaper than most other batts & have a similar AH rating

as a owner of 3) D3100 playing 6000wrms for spl burps & i even play music sometimes too i have no regrets - great battery ...

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1691
Honestly i couldn't be happier. Sounds great even at .5 ohm and never gets hot to the point where i would worry. Powers 2 hdc3's with ease on music.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/646051.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I'm not showing the amp but you can see the subs moving. Thats with the gain barely even up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us