Upgrading my front stage

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 411
So i decided to upgrade my frontstage and ordered a sundown sax 100.2 off db-r, it does 100w rms x 2 @ 4 ohm and 200x 2 @ 2 ohm. Now im looking for some component speakers. ive never looked into good door speakers. i just replaced my stock door speakers with cheap 6x8 3 way pioneer speakers from walmart and was fine with that for awhile. but now id like to get something thatll sound amazing and actually provide some midbass. any suggestions and recommendations are appreciated, i have no experience so any input helps. my budget is around 200, i can spean a lil more if i have to. i think i want to run them at 4 ohms

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 729
i just got that amp a week or so ago from the same place, haven't had time up hook it up but it should be a sexy a.s.s. amp. do you want to stick with 6x8's or are you willing to make / buy adapter brackets for normal 5.25" or 6.5" components? do you have an area for a separate tweeter or do you need an all in one speaker. are you willing to make holes for tweeters.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16429
if u can buy or make a adapter plate out of mdf then u shud get some 6.5" comps instead

go on ebay & search for DLS or Morel components ...

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 285
did you guys get the referb ones? how is there warranty from that place?

just wondering

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 738
its a 1 year warranty, covers every thing but stupidity, and i did get a referb but if it makes it a year its payed for it self for 160$.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 412
Wats better 6.5s with seperate tweeter or 6x8s with everthing included in one speaker? Also I found some Polk 6x8s that have the tweeter seperate. How are Polk components, I've found quite a bit of them for good prices. I'm willin to make somethin if I have to.

Deathoob, how long did it take u to recieve ur amp after u ordered?

N yes I got a refrubed a stock one. I'm sure they'll stand by there warranty being the authorized amp repair place for some good companies. Plus if I ever have questions, im sure jacob wouldn't have a problem answerin them

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 739
my advice is get the 6.5's, i run polks and i like them had them for ever (~3 years) jacob usaly emails me back same day, it took ~2 weeks.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 413
do ur polks provide good mid bass, how are the tweeters? my dad recommended i look into polk is the reason i did. he has some polks on his bike, u can hear his radio from quite a ways.

before i ordered i read that its 7 to 10 days before it ships so i was jw and yes jacob is every quick about returnin emails especially for how busy he has to be.

im going to look on ebay and around some other sits and come back with a few options and get u guys opinion

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16430
well iirc some theory i read some yrs ago is that circle speakers are more accurate then oval , square or other shapes so thats why u will see ppl besides myself recommend circle speakers

polks are decent but those other 2 brands i listed above are even better

to get a even better response from ur doors i recommend u sound deaden them properly by doing a layer on the inner door skin & on that part behind ur upholstery

tweeters on dash or "A-pillar" ...

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 414
how are these

http://www.vertexaudio.com/store/pc/CDT-Audio-COM-626-Component-Set-65p175.htm
but id pry go with http://www.vertexaudio.com/store/pc/CDT-Audio-COM-626-COX-622-Front-Rear-Package -65p174.htm instead and jus run the rear coaxils off of my headunit, which is a alpine cda 9883 if thatd be better then my pioneers in the rear doors
or would these be better? http://www.vertexaudio.com/store/pc/CDT-Audio-CL-61i-6-5-Component-Set-65p168.ht m
or
how would this compare http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Rockford-Fosgate-T1652-S-6-1-2-400W-Component-Set-/36027 1452500?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item53e1da1954

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 415
and i will be adding some sound deadner to the doors. ill probably just order the 6x8 to 6.5 adapter plate off ebay, there only like 12 bucks. also theres a bracket that holds the 6.5 midbass driver and has a spot for the tweeter right next to it so itd be in the door to, or those any good?

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 2052
i also have polks for the front stage. the mm6 model. i got them while sonix was having that sale on them 140 shipped iirc. well worth it. they blow mykappas out ofthewater and only cost $10 more. they have great midbass but the tweeters are a little smooth and the mids are a bit harsh for me with just deadened doors. some eqing should fix this i just dont have an eq at the moment.

if you want better mid bass then do this:

http://caraudiomag.com/articles/mid-bass-response

eventually i will do this too

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 750
you really don't need rear fill unless you are very a.n.a.l., glasswolf has a good page on it if you want i can link you.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 916
I've always wanted to enclose my components. Just never got around to it and not sure if I have the room. It'd probably be a major under taking.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 755
if i spent more then 200 on components i would to enclose them to protect them from the elements.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 416
How are the crescendo audio components? They have a awesome price and that'll leave a lot of money for deadener. I emailed don at sound deadener showdown and have decided to go with cld tiles from him
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us