Suggestions on a 1200 rms sub 12''

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 925
Whats a great 12 that handles 1200 watt rms. I have a hifonics brutus bxi 12100 mono amp. Just want somthing thats going to hit hard, pick up those deep lows , and mids. An all around hard as fu.ck hitting sub with great sq. No budget w/e you think would be best.

Silver Member

Post Number: 926
Im aiming more to sound quality than anything. 1200 rms sub gets loud period, loud enough anyway

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 881
Fi Q would do well.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1162
sound splinter rl-p

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 291
tc sounds tc 3000 or audiopulse axis

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 456
Id max?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14283
x2 but pricey

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 197
iDMax V.3 12"

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
The iDMAX's are underrated at 1000w (they'll handle more) and the V.3's handle higher frequencies (70Hz+) better than previous models.

They are now also more of an "SQL" driver as opposed to a strictly SQ driver.

Bronze Member
Username: Perfectcircle

IndyTC sounds 18...

Post Number: 74
If you can find one, a s.I. mag. would be perfect. used to own a 15 and it was an extremely nice sounding and hard hitting sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 927
So the iDMax V.3 12" runs about 400 $? Would I have to call and order? I saw one here http://cgi.ebay.com/IDMAX12-D2-IMAGE-DYNAMICS-SUB-12-IDMAX-2-OHM-SUBWOOFER-/1304 01815988?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item1e5c8dcdb4 for $450 around how much is a v3 directly ordered threw I.D.?

Silver Member

Post Number: 295
look on caco and car audio, i see audiopulse axis on there all the time for 350 to 400, will easily outperform the idmax in all aspects, and can handle much more power if you ever upgrade.
hear too many horror stories about the coils going out on those expensive subs
http://cgi.ebay.com/Audiopulse-Axis-12-q1-BNIB-new-2500-rms-dd-dc-fi-btl-aa-/330 444509651?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item4cf00711d3

best choice you can make. i really want to buy it but have no need for it

Silver Member

Post Number: 930
what about xxx or dd's . Are these subs more spl? like i said i want 1000 to 1200 watts of sq.

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
old dd's are built for sound quality, but are extremely rare and expensive.. not worth it too me.
the Re xxx is a great sub, really pounds low and sounds very clean. Brand new is close to $500 though, and they are quite heavy and have a massive mounting depth..
i say check out that audiopulse i showed you, if you want an amazing sound quality sub stage that audiopulse is the way to go.

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
Yea, by all means, if you can find a new Audiopulse Axis for $350 to $400 grab it!

That sub will definitely kill the iDMAX on SPL without a doubt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
cwruck, where have you found a brand new RE XXX for close to $500?

Silver Member

Post Number: 297
off ebay and other sites, we are only talking about 12s

i say audiopulse axis > Re xxx even if the re is more expensive, a great sub but you really cant pay that deal if you really dont have a budget and want a great sq sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
Agreed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 931
Heres a link for the audiopulse axis I found. These subs sound well built and could also upgraded later(2500 rms)wow.
Looks like they definetly beat out the idmax. Big price difference on the a.p. axis on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/Audiopulse-Axis-12-q1-BNIB-new-2500-rms-dd-dc-fi-btl-aa-/330 444509651?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item4cf00711d3

---------

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Audiopulse-Axis-D2-Subs-TC-Sounds-/190408425333?cmd=ViewI tem&pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item2c5539ff75

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16411
as a owner of a 12" idmax i wouldnt really recommend over powering it too much since its a very sensitive sub , a true 1200wrms amp would have some head room though which is ok to do

a fi Q shud be the best value for $ though ...

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14326
either one would be a good choice

Silver Member

Post Number: 299
ya the dude thats selling the new one for 369 shipped is a cool dude. he said shipping is like 45-50 depending where he ships so he's not getting much for it after paypal shipping and ebay fees.
very solid sub, an fi q would also be good and a little cheaper,but just spend a few more bucks, you could easily get your money back if you ever do decide to sell it, while with the q you will be taking a loss
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us