I give up

Bronze Member
Username: Mittens08

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 97
soo as u guys prob already know ive been on the hunt to get a h/o alt for my car and unfortunately its not gonna happen because i checked out dc's website and emailed them about what im looking for and i could get a 250+amp alt but itd be wayyyy to pricy for just an alt! the price was almost 1000 since it would all be custom made for my car since they dont have one for saturns nemore since saturn is gone.....sooooo i give up but now im jus gonna use the money i was saving for a new alt. batts and 0g wire.....pretty sure im gonna take that 1100 and get a decent set of rims and window tint all around...but im gonna still prob switch up the system to...im selling my 2 15 AB XO 15s tomorrow and the AB SQ880 for 325...i wanna get the loudest setup possible with my electrical system as is(120amp alt,big 3 with 4g and 2 batts 1 for my amp other for my car)...my budget is 650 now but will save more if needed...i wanna keep the box sealed because idk i pref sealed more then ported and saves a little space...im looking at 2 15 Fi SSD but idk any other input is encouraged and amp wise i haveee nooo idea....i ran the AB in 1ohm and never had ne dimming of my lights or nething.....sorrry for makin you guys read alot jus tryin to explain everything lol
ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED! HELP A BASSHEAD OUT BROTHAS!
haha thanks

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

San Antonio, Texas

Post Number: 435
There has got to be a way you could put another alt in your car. Is there any room for running two small alts at once? Someone out there should know an HO alt that will fit in your car even if it means extra rigging.

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 98
ehh i doubt it there isnt alot of room where the alt is located

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 209
You could always just sell your car and get a good one.

No offense.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2444
u can get something bigger i know u can. even if u don't have any room. get urs build up! or find place that can make room for a bigger one

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14311
the guys probably frustrated enough dont add to it christopher

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14312
build a system around what you can do...trust me youd be suprised how things might turn out

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 99
ive thought about that honestly lol i mean its 5 years old has 75k mile wise and runs fine and i could get more for it now then i would 5-10years from now...idk lol im really leaning towards 2 15 fi ssd D2 fully loaded im gonna have to wait till my next paycheck to get and amp cause it 500 not including s/h....you think i could run 1800+ with my electrical i wanna give each sub 900-1000w......idk amp wise though

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
Yea, I was being semi-serious but wasn't tryin' to be insulting.

Do you have an Ion 1, 2, or 3?
Sedan or Quad Coupe?
Auto or Manual?

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 100
pretty sure its the ion 1 and its a 4dr sedan auto..no power windows or nething fancy haha my mom bought my car and i paid it off over the years or atleast a good portion lol haha saturn must have loved us the day we went in she bought my car and both of my sisters cars(all saturn ions ecxept one is an 07 lol) my driveway looks like a damn saturn dealership lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14318
haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
Well, some quick research showed me that your car apparently has quite a bit of depreciation.

Looks like it's worth roughly $4,800 (give or take) mainly due to the excessive mileage.

Depending on your taste in cars, it might actually be wise to look into selling it (the alternator problem aside).

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

San Antonio, Texas

Post Number: 436
Stop trying to get the guy to sell his car.. Whats he going to do after he sells it? buy another car for the same price or force him to make payments on a car leading to more financial stress.

He is not going to get much for the car as you have said, so he may as well not sell it any time soon and save up if he really does want a new car.

-Don't worry about the alt. Just do with it what you can. If you truly are considering buying a car in the next few years, don't put anymore investment into it that can't be transfered- alt included.

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
Calm down there buddy, I'm not "trying" to get him to do anything. In fact it was him that said that he had honestly already thought about it, I was just offering him some info to help him decide, so relax. You act as though I stand to gain something from him selling it.

And "what's he going to do after he sells it"

... really?

Gee, let me think? Maybe use that money to buy a different car that he likes and has a much larger number of parts that are more widely available for it.
(ex: Acura Integra, Chevy Camaro, Honda Accord, just to name a few)

All of which are within that price range. Sure they're used, but I'd argue that, at 75K miles, his car isn't exactly new, especially for a 5-year-old car. Also, GM 4-cylinder engines (especially at that time, and before) aren't exactly renowned for their reliability (with few exceptions).

So no, believe it or not my goal is not to lead him into "more financial stress", but rather to alleviate the stress which he will likely have in the future by keeping his car for several more years.

Just a tip, it might help you to read the posts more thoroughly before responding to them, but by all means, believe what u want.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
Carl, as Sean said "build a system around what you can do" for now. You can always move it to your next car if you do decide to sell.

Gold Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Www.kingmobi... Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 1245
OHIO GEN

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16408
why do u need a 250A alt though & get something less expensive like a 200A ...

Silver Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 101
i really have considered selling my car even with my mom but right now i dont want another bill to go along with all the other bills i have....i dont make a ton of money either im a cook at a resteraunt in my town makin 14 an hour workin 40 hour weeks so money is tight id rather save cash then spend it on a new car........okk so neway back on subject im reallly liking the fi ssd ive never heard fi in person though...how would it compare to kicker,american bass,orion,alpine.(those all brands ive personally owned)and i sill need some help pickin out an amp lol is hifonics really cheap? i used have a zeus back when i was 16 and the thing is still working fine in one of my buddys car today

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5286
Honestly, I think that's great that you're saving money to get a new car. It's the smart thing to do. Sure, as a few have said, you could sell the car and get another one, but then yeah, you have another bill to pay and probably not even that great of a replacement car.

Yeah, hifonics is really cheap, with okay build quality. I remember they actually used to be extremely popular on this forum a couple years back.

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
That's all good dude. I was just sayin' if you felt like it you could always buy a car for the same price that you sold yours for, resulting in no new bill for you to pay. You'd be surprised what you can get for that much money. Also, anyone of those cars would make a great replacement, don't listen to that sh!t. Anyone who actually know cars would rather have anyone of those than a Saturn Ion, with all due respect man.

Anyway, enough about that.

IMO, those brands (with the exception of maybe an Alpine Type R & X) don't compare to Fi. Especially with the best bang for your buck. (I've owned Orion, Kicker, & Alpine subs). As for Hifonics, I've heard that their newer stuff is kind of hit or miss compared to their older stuff.

I think you'll be very happy if you go with a Fi SSD15. That's an amazing sub for the price.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1166
carl, you still have that sq880?
if you do, and you would like, i have an old model Fi ssd right now. it is only on a 4 channel right now seeing maybe 50 watts. so if you want to hold onto that sq880 we could throw my ssd onto it and let you see how it sounds in 1.2^3 sealed.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 888
I think you'll be able to have a pretty impressive system with a 120 amp alt. Upgrade the big 3 and you should be able to run plenty of juice to meet your needs. What exact goal are you going for? If you want the most, go with the largest diameter sub(s) you can fit. Going ported will also help to get the most out of them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
^x2

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 387
i bought an ssd a few years ago, looked pretty beastly, unfortunately ididnt get to hear it due to it being jacked as it was sitting freely in my trunk, but yea ill tell ya it looked sweet

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14334
I think you'll be able to have a pretty impressive system with a 120 amp alt.

x2

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 941
you'll be good with a 120 .you'll still bump you just wont be able to set off car alarms

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14343
wanna bet I could with a 105 and an optima red top and a single 12 and 1500 watts

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14344
get one of those sears platnium batteries they are a Odyssey in disguise

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 890
If maintaining voltage is a concern, you could always add a second battery to the system, or even 2 extra. Have them near the amp(s) in the trunk and you should be golden.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 945
are optimas still expensive as hell? whata they run these days?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14361
for what they cost you can do better

Silver Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 103
ya im really thinkin of going with 2 15 ssd everything i hear about them is good and ive never messed with fi and i always have wanted to...another question though would be has neone messed with xfl from american bass? a local audio shop in my town gets american bass subs straight from ab with no middle man so they sell them pretty cheap or atleast alot cheaper then online...anyway i stopped in there today and i could get 2 15xfls and an american bass vfl 150.1 for 500...good or bad?

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
Sean, are Sears Platinum batteries literally Odyssey batteries with different branding? Or just very similar?

I ask because I'm looking to buy an Odyssey PC2150S soon, but if Sears sells the exact same thing for less that'd be awesome.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14402
they are the same batteries litterally...i did my research but i dont think the 2150 equivalent is side post though

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
Right on man, thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2290
Sounds like a fair price, 500 for 2 xfl 15s and a 150.1. You're talking about 2000 rms and two 15s that can handle it, so it seems like a pretty good deal.

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
Sean, do you happen to know the largest deep cycle DieHard Platinum that Sears sells?

Not tryin' to jack your thread Carl.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14412
this is the biggest one and its the 2150 in disguise

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02850131000P?mv=rr

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
Awesome man, thanks. Wow, what a price difference from Odyssey/ Stinger, for the same damn battery.

I've been reading online, and owners of DieHard Platinum's seem to unanimously agree that they rock.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14414
you are very welcome
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us