What do you think it is?

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 248
I just bought an aq 1200 for my wifes car. So i hooked it up in my car just to make sure everything works ok. I simply took my pg amp out on hooked the aq amp up and im getting no sound. It powers up ok,but only at high volume do i get any kind of sound and its very minimal. Anybody have any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 345
Is the gain turned all the way down? How about the LPF?

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 249
No,i messed around with every setting on that amp and i cant figure it out. Its almost sounds like my subs are wired wrong,but that makes no sense cause it sounds fine on the other amp. Its brand new so i dont think its the amp. Its gotta be something stupid that im overlooking!

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2168
what subs, and how do you have them wired?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4283
do you have a bass knob plugged in? maybe try unhooking it and see whats happens. or vise versa

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 250
I hooked it up to two d2 L7 10s wired in series/parallel(2 ohm) Yea,it came with a bass knob an i did try plugging/unplugging but no dice. Now if it was something with the wiring wouldnt it go into protect mode?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 347
Are they running at 0.5 ohms or 2 ohms? Reguardless I think something should be happening.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 251
I have them wired to 2 ohms. Is there a certain way they need to be wired to the amp maybe? I tried (+) (-) on both sides,but same results. Bigger speaker wire maybe? Idk,im reaching here.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1783
What HU do you have? I had the same problem with my Poineer (the pico fuse problem). What kind of power were you running with the PG? If the PG amp still works and the AQ doesn't, I would guess that the amp is bad (not saying AQ is a bad company, but sh!t happens).

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 252
I have a kdx-x796 hu,and the pg amp is 800wrms. I took it back out an im going to try it again this weekend. Im hoping its just something stupid im overlooking. Anybody else have any ideas? Would the thickness of my speaker wire have anything to do with it? Its pretty small(16ga i think) Any other help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 254
^^Yea thanks. Now does someone that knows what there talking about wanna help?

Gold Member
Username: Cplaya280

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1042
did you try the output input slave switch my AQ2200D has a switch and sumtimes its accidentally switched to input instead of output which then the amp has no sound then. And it seems like you have the amp running at 0.5ohms since that amp is 1ohm stable doesn't do 2ohms but either or there should be sound

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 255
Yea,i tried the switch too. nothing. If the subs were wired at 0.5ohms i dont think my pg amp would work either(only 2ohm stable) I know your amps alot bigger an may be different,but is there a certain way you have to hook the subs up to it? I mean does it matter what combo of + - you use?

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 294
yes

Gold Member
Username: Cplaya280

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1043
for mine i just have 1 wire in the positive and 1 wire in the negative the two in the center one should be - and one should be + thats how i have mine.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 295
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=22#results

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 256
^ yea thanks,but the wiring of my subs isnt the issue(double checked last night) Im going to hook it up again maybe tonight and if i cant get it to work,call audioque i guess. Thanks everyone

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 78
its not your subs, if they were for whatever reason wired at .5 ohms im sure you would have sound when your hu is on low volume, and as you would try to turn it up the amp would go into protect.
get the amp tested and see if it is pushing out power. i bought a new amp before and the same thing happened to me, i had very little sound when the hu was turned up very high. i got it tested and the amp had a bad power supply, it just didnt push out any power.
which means that you will need to have it fixed or replaced.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us