Need advice on an amp

Username: Ctx

Post Number: 1
I was wanting to know what a good amp would be for 3, 12in or 15in volfenhag 1000watt subs,(i can be persuaded to get different subs if they hit harder but are in the same price range (50-90$a piece))

Im trying to decide between a legacy 2400watt blue diamond or a legacy 2000 watt american series(yes i know the wattage is wrong and the amps are cheap but ive heard some good sounding ones) I can be talked into a better amp if its in the same price range and beats harder up to 190$

also i need some advice on a box that would project the bass as far as it could for 3 12's or 15's i have a jeep cherokee (the help is appreciated)
ps dont say audiobahn my freind bought some and its trash

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 165
David Don't get those subs or that amp they are both crap. You can get 2 kicker CVRs and a JBL 600.1 for about 450.00 shipped.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 200
Other subs to consider would also be fosgate he or the HE2 subs. Personally I would get two he subs svc 4 ohms and an xtnat A3001T port those badboys and be set. The amp will rund you less then 150 shipped on ebay and the subs for both 100-150.00 shipped.

Post Number: 2
how bout 3 12in kicker comps and a fosgate 1200watt ampp

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
The comps are good too. I was talking about the CompVRs though. I think the regular comps are only 100-150 watts somewhere in that range. Just be sure to match your RMS ratings. That RF would prolly be to much for the comps. If you was meaning the CVRs then it would be perfect. But not for the regular comps. You would blow them in just a matter of time.

Post Number: 3
http://7925.adahost.com/computer/index.html?loadfile=catalog22_0.html <these>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39737&item=5706422166&rd= 1 now on to wires what what size battery cable would i need 4 gauge? if there would be a more suitible fosgate amp post it up

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
David are you wanting the Kicker CompVRs or the Kicker Comp?? There is a big difference between the two subs I need to know which ones you want so I can help you out. I know you are wanting to get 3 subs right?? Let me know which subs you are looking at and I will let you know if that RF will be enough to push all 3 subs.

Post Number: 4
comp vrs

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
Ok if you are going with 12s then that RF isn't going to work out well. Your subs will be way under powered. Look on ebay and see if you can find a JBL600.1 amp or a JBL 1200.1 thats in your price range. The 1200.1 would be best but the 600.1 will work just fine too. Either one will do a whole lot better then that RF.

You will need to get a 4 gauge amp kit.
Heres a wiring diagram to show you how to hook them up.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=3&impedance=DVC4x2

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
Oh yeah get the 4ohm DVC version.

Post Number: 5
alright thanks for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us