Amp question

Doug
Unregistered guest
When selecting an amp for speakers, is it better to get an amp that puts out closer to the max power of your speakers, the RMS power of your speakers, or somewhere in the middle?

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 311
RMS always and in the middle

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3557
match the amp to the RMS rating of the speakers.
RMS is "continuous" peak power.
"max" is momentary and only rated for a second or so.

Doug
Unregistered guest
OK so then can someone recomend an amp to me to power 1 pair of MB Quarts RCE268 speakers? The power range is 60-130 watts, 4ohms impedance.

Username: Gwt

Post Number: 1
I PURCHASED A VIRTUAL REALITY SOUND LAB AMP. 4.1, 1000 WATT, 5 CHANNEL. IT WAS THE LAST ONE AND THE BOX WAS OPENED, ALL DIRECTIONS AND AMP INFO WAS MISSING. I'VE TRIED 2 TIMES, WALMART WAS UNABLE TO HELP ME OBTAIN AN OWNERS/USERS MANUAL. HOW CAN I ORDER THE PAPERWORK INFO FOR THIS AMP?

Da_Bears
Unregistered guest
Only thing I can think of is to write the following address to get warranty information and hopefully it will give you a lead to where you can get a manual.
Attn: Warranty Department
Walmart.com
7000 Marina Boulevard
Brisbane, CA 94005

Make sure to include the following information: • Name of the manufacturer of the item • Item's model number, and/or a description of the specific item for which you are requesting a copy of the warranty.

Other option is to check Walmart's in nearby cities and see if they have one. Maybe you can convince them to open the box so you can make copies of the manual.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us