Buying subs off ebay- safe or unsafe

Username: Mattwood1000

Post Number: 3
iv been looking around on the net for kicker dcvr12 subs and being that i live in australia i havnt been able find an online store that ships hear for a reasonable price or even at all. Ebay seems like the best option to buy from but i an unsure if it is safe enough and reliable enough to buy subs without them being damaged?? has any1 had past experiance buying subs off ebay?

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4094
Just check out the "seller info" on the right side of your screen. I did a quick search for kicker cvr subs and the first one I clicked on was a seller with 6000 sales and a 100% feedback rating. If you can find a credible seller like that, it's pretty reliable I'd say.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10878
I buy a lot of stuff off ebay and not just audio equipment. If the stuff is new and the seller has a good rating its as good as any other online store. Used is a different story.. i don't often buy used, but you gotta be real careful there.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21719
Feedback is everything lol. Check their rating. I personally don't buy from anyone with a feedback rating of 98% or lower.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21720

Bronze Member
Username: Imagedynamics214

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 14
i would do it in fact i never buy anything new because im a cheapo (especially when it comes to car audio)

based on my craigslist and ebay experience i'd say there is a 5% chance you're going to get screwed. You just have to know about what you're buying make sure the seller has 98.9% feedback or higher and read the feedbacks.

i baught an xbox for 110.00$ and the b**ch was broke but i took the chance anyway because i had read that the seller sold someone else a broken ps3. but it wasnt much of a loss they sent me forza 3 and it only cost me 30 (from a guy on craigslist lol) to get the xbox fixed.

but even when i baught my 12" image dynamics idmax from ebay it was in perfect condition, for wayy less than it retails for.

Post Number: 4
thanks for the help, looks like ebay is going to prob be my best option

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15781
so ur going to buy it off ebay in the usa & ship it all the way to Australia ? ... the s\h & taxes would be alot

dont they sell kicker in A ?

what other brands can u get locally so maybe the guys here can rec something & save u some $ ....

Username: Boomboomboom

New Zealand

Post Number: 5
Living in New Zealand is a similar (probably worse) situation. Local prices here are high and the variety of products available is pretty limited. To buy used off ebay and import over is going to be high shipping costs and might faces duty/GST on top if it's a bigger purchase price. Then on top of that if you get screwed by buying a damaged/dying sub you have just wasted all that time and money.

Personally I wouldn't buy a speaker or sub used without any kind of warranty on it. Buying used locally is a little better. At least locally you can travel to their house and key their car if they sell you faulty goods. :-) Buying from overseas you basically are screwed if there is a problem. They can say it got damaged in transport or whatever other excuse they want to use.

So in short... I wouldn't buy used off Ebay. If I were buying from Ebay I'd at least buy a new product with some kind of warranty and at least you've got a new item to start out with instead of someone elses problem.

Post Number: 6
yer in victoria stores have very limited supplys of car audio equiptment and all the subs i was looking at on ebay were brand new and under a 3 year warrenty, also the postage covered insurnce,product damage during shipping and return costs if the item is damaged.

Username: Boomboomboom

New Zealand

Post Number: 8
Yep... I would definitely stick to new subs off ebay from a seller with good feedback. You'll pay through the nose for shipping costs/Duty/GST plus the exchange rate of course... but even after all that you'll still end up with a better value and more unique product than you'd ever get locally.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us