12" Fi BL Sealed?

Username: Mintcondition90

Post Number: 1
I have a PDX 1.1000 powering a Fi BL 12" in a 2.5 ft^3 enclosure tuned at 32 Hz. The thing is I recently started to play trance music, and my current setup is too BOOMY for other types of music than rap and r&b.

The thing is I could build a 1^ft3 net sealed and save a lot of money than buying the Fi Q or IDMAX if I get the Fi BL sealed. Saving money is always a good thing.

The site doesn't recommend it but how bad would it sound sealed? Did anyone try sealing a subwoofer that wasn't meant to be sealed? How did it sound?

Thanks for all input in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15770
did u check or ask over at the SSA\Fi forum ? ...

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php??

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2887
How much port area do you have? could be why it sounds "boomy"

Username: Mintcondition90

Post Number: 2
Ah, I think that could be it. It is an L shaped port the port hole is about 2 inches wide including the back surface. The port covers 2/3 of the back total back surface. I noticed when I played this trance type of music.
Too much air to breathe?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10865
That sub tuned to 32 hz should not sound "boomy"... somethings wrong with your enclosure... see if you can get canaan to chime in on this....

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2888
Whats the height and width of your ports opening? box might be a little on the big side too.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2889
Is it too loud down low and not enough on the higher frequency bass notes? hows the transient response, or how "quick" is the woofer?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us