8w7

Bronze Member
Username: Pacci1er

Post Number: 24
Has anyone ever heard one or a pair of these in action? Seems a little weird for JL to make this. An does anyone know if all of the W7 series comes with just one voice coil?

Username: Camjowns

Columbia, Missouri USA

Post Number: 2
Hey i have auctally heard 3 of these in a sealed box.. It was in a demo room and the guy had me stand back to the wall about.. 20 feet away, he turned those up on a 750/1 HD and it was unbelievable. Blew my shirt against the wall with ease.. What kind of music do you listen to?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7776
He had you back up against the wall because that was a 'hot-spot' in the room. Likely if you had stepped forward 3 steps, I would have sounded like crap. They is a draw back to sound rooms, they are usually very loud near corners and doors but nothing in the off-centered open areas in the room.

As for why JL make the 8, 10, and 12 W7 in only SVC3ohm. They make an amp for produces 500wrms at that load, good power for those subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Pacci1er

Post Number: 25
Well I will start by saying I listen to a wide variety of music. Hip hop, Classic Rock, Indie Hip Hop, Indie Rock, Dj Magic Mike and other stuff like that, reggae... and on and on I could go.

That's cool about them creating that much pressure. Maybe if they faced them at the wall it would sound good towards the middle of the room. I have heard that the echo is louder then just hearing the subs pointed right at you? I had never heard of JL making these and then I was thinking of putting a little bump in my work vehicle. So I was looking threw all the 8" subs and I stumbled across these. No real thought of buying them because they don't fit. I have a single cab Nissian Frontier and I was thinking of customizing the doors to put an 8" next to where the 6.5" speaker is in each door. Just looking for a little bump, but I end up always going overboard. So I was thinking about what would a small army of these would sound like in the back of my Blazer. Say 4 to 6 of them, anyone think one Kicker ZX 1000.1 on 4 of them would work out with some handy wiring sequence? Well can you wire some speakers parallel and some in series to get the right amount of OHMs on one channel?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12873
Id personally just go with more cone area instead of multiple 8's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us