Anyone got the new rd 1000.1?

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 178
if so have u had any problems with it? ordered one and still waitin for it but im seeing the 3250 v2 is havin some issues and wonderin if the 1000.1 is too.not tryin to talk sh!t or spread gossip jus curious

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 136
I haven't had any problems with mine. just a wee bit disappointed it didn't have 1/0ga. power and ground input terminals, but everything has been working fine for me.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 179
its the new model that steve had on pre sale? are u running it at 1 ohm? hows the output and effiency? ive never had any rd products. im jus a lil nervous after reading about the 3250 problems

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
Yeah its the new model. I bought when it was the labor day sale. I got it and the Alpha 12v3. and i am running it at 1 ohm.
Unfortunately, i only had it in my truck for a couple weeks so i could start to break it in, i only had one seat in there at that time so the box was just sitting on the floor lol. also i haven't run it at full power cuz i was just breaking it in, but at about 3/4 gain, the voltage was only dropping .5-.75 volts.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 181
ite, thanks for the reassurance man

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1278

quote:

i haven't run it at full power cuz i was just breaking it in, but at about 3/4 gain, the voltage was only dropping .5-.75 volts.

Uhhh... Gain is not a volume knob. All the way up does not mean full power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
okay then why does it get louder when i turn the gain up?

If i sounded like i was being an azzhole, that was not my intention and i apologize.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3286
gain is too much the voltage on the HU.

turn it all the way up and see what happens.

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1279
It gets louder to an extent. It can sound louder even when the signal is being clipped. You should set the gain by ear, by using a digital multi meter, or an oscilloscope.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 182
anyone else have input on the amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 35
For a given ohm load your amp should be putting out a given amount of voltage to your sub to achieve the RMS. Your woofer can only hold so much voltage, if you exceed the voltage going to the subwoofer ( the gain set to high ) it will in time damage the woofer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
bump for input

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4093
statement-Gain is not a volume knob. All the way up does not mean full power.

replied- okay then why does it get louder when i turn the gain up?

ROFLMFAO

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 979
HAHA WOW i think i smell something burning oh wait there's white smoke coming out of the box??? why in the H*LL is that happening??

turn your Bass boost all the way up too while your at it

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 239
running a new 1750.1v2 and an 18 alpha v3 with no problems whatsoever beats like a champ! planning on ordering my second 18 hopefully within the next week

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 190
yea i got my rd 1000.1 like last week sometime, put it in that day. and not one problem. definately puttin my old hifonics bxi 1210d to shame.and yes its def overrated. ppl said i wouldnt notice much of a difference, but i think its poundin way harder. get a lot more bass at lower volumes to compared to the hifonics too.

took a lil road trip with the new rd amp in, beat hard as he!! for around a hour or 2 and the amp was barely warm. very satisfied with it and would recommend it to anyone else lookin for a good 1k rms amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us