Kicker subs

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 153
does anuone have an idea how many dB 2 15" Kicker Comps would hit in 2.25 cuft sealed boxes? My friends shawn has 2 12" L7 in a super bass box and his about 153 with them. Could i beat him or would we be about them same? I have a 2001 Dodge Intrepid.

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
if you put each one in a big slot ported box it will pound loud. i have two comp vr 10's and they are each in their own seperate box and they hit 140 dBs im about two add 2 more of the same and will reach around 148 dB's. i doubt the 2 15s will reach near 148 unless u put each one in its own custom box, even though it will take up alot of room that u dont have in an intrepid.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 452
You need a ported box to get best potential SPL out of the subs, so I don't recommend sealed if you're going SPL. You can't fit 15's back there, so what I recommend is two 12" Resonant Engineering X.X.X. subs, in a slot ported 5 cu ft. box if you can accomodate it, tune it to 35 hz. Look on their website, www.respl.com for dimensions of the box. Get a powerful amp to push them. What is your budget for subs and amps? Once I know I'll know if you can afford this setup, it'll run you at least $1000 after the amp. Also, what is your friend pushing as far as an amp and is the box ported, sealed, or maybe even bandpass?

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
I'm doing an all Kicker system. I got them both of the 15's in the trunk right now and have figured out how to fit 2 4.0 cuft ported boxes in the back. What frequency should I tune the box too? I've always used sealed boxes for my subs in the past and I don't have much experience with ported boxes. So if I put each one of the 15's in there own 4.0 cuft box then do you think I could beat the 2 12" L7's? I think they shoulb because if you use the equation that calculates Vmax 1 15" Kicker Comp is louder then 1 12" Kicker L7. And then after they both have been placed in sealed boxes mine 15's should still be louder right? Tell me if I'm wrong. Thanks for the input so far.

Anonymous

hey Wahl, is your friend shawn wilson? i think i may know you. i see you guys rollin' all the time in town. your $hit's pretty loud man. i can hear you from pretty far when you're pulling into your driveway.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
No. We're from Ohio. The kid I know pulled out my driveway the other day and he was damn near a block away and I could still feel the bass in the ground. LoL. Yea you can hear him over a mile away when the windows are down. It's hard to sit in his car because ya can't breath. I guess that's what it's like sitting in a car that hits 153 dB.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us