Fuse burning

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4994
I have a mtx thunder 942 hooked up @ 1 ohm with aq 15" alpha It worked fine for months I finally had a problem were I was smelling something burning. It turned out to be the fuse 100 amp at the dist block. So I thought I would try to change it maybe something just happened. But within 3 mins it was burning up again. Ive checked all my grounds there perfect. My power wire is running fine. rca's r plugged in but getting old? The gain is normal and the bb is off everything is set fine. I dont know what the problem could be.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4995
i dont know why i put this but its a rd alpha lol not aq. Also its @ 4 ohms sorry im an idiot

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1683
have you taken anything apart recently? same thing happened to me with my first system turned out my buddy had put a screw through the power wire it was poping fuses left and right

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4996
nope not at all and its not popping the fuse its just burning it. But its only a 100 amp fuse so it should pop if theres a problem

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1684
i know your exp but i have to ask are you running a big enough wire?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4997
0 gauge to under 1000 watts yeah. this is why im really suprised by this. Im thinking the amp is starting to go. I have a new amp rdy to go in just no time to change it out lol. Since im gonna have to built a mini rack for the new one to keep the bottom cool.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2699
1/0ga= 300-350a
2ga= 225a
4ga= 150a
8ga= 100a
10ga= 60a

you are fusing the wire, not the amp,ect.. choose fuse according to wire size. this will likely fix your problem

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5001
pretty close to right there mark. I have 0 going into my dist block which is fused heavily upfront. then It hits the fuse and goes to 4 ga so it should be fine there

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2405
I'd jump up to a 150a fuse, even a 125a fuse should work fine is your not blowing the 100a.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5003
okay will try i guess guys

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2417
Any luck?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums