OT: Mixing

Silver Member
Username: Fac3l3ss

Post Number: 185
i'm jus curious to know when building a system for your vehicle. will you sacrifice sq if you mix n match brand name products?

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1366
subs yes for sure dont run two diff subs but if you mean run a kicker amp to a DD sub no as long as they are both quality thats all that matters

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18770
I wouldn't mix top end with low end as P.rick says either. Keep it all on the same level. A chain is only strongest as its' weakest link......

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
i'm having a hard time building a system for my car...it's my first system...and i need some help. i've been looking into head units lately and i like the clean looks of eclipse and pioneer. both seem like top end hu's. i'm just looking to put together a nice daily driving system. i drive 2 hours a day so i love to listen to music like godsmack, marilyn manson, and sometimes rap too...can someone help me out? i just want nice sq system without tooooo muh bass...i don't want my car rattlin like crazy

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
maybe go to competitions in the future once i learn more so that's why im choosing to go with the more expensive brands. i looked at clarion and their most expensive hu was $1100 next after that was $200 range and i didn't like slide track feature and unit looked cheap

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1370
thats a good start but other things we need to know are what car? whats your budget? is that just sub amp and head unit or do you need wires, box, and all that good stuff. BTW pioneer hu are good but tend to have prob with rca's going out alpine is good though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
i have a 2007 cobalt ls. my budget, well i would like to keep hu under $500 as well as speakers under $500, sub under as well and hopefull get a good amp for under that price so all in all $2000 i'd like to keep my whole syste under..i'm not buying it all at once get 1 piece each payday or so. i only have stock stereo in car right now

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1371
well than start with a head unit then get your sub and amp and wires. as far as subs id look into an FI Q ficaraudio.com or soundsplinter RL-s soundsplinter.com and after deciding on your speaker we can help you pick the amp. as far as boxes go DO NOT buy a prefab. if your dont have basic woodworking skills have BJ Fisher build you a box fishercustoms.com he does great work and im sure he can get you a good deal.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14316
nothing is wrong with mixing but if u want a good matched set goo all out alpine ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
all out alpine? anyone here going to back him on that? starting with my hu and speakers what might be some you can recommend me p rick? once again i'm looking for a nice sq system but not lack any bass of course

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1372
i gave you two suggestions for subs the FI Q and soundsplinter rl-s headunits you have to decide what features you want but as far a brands id go apline, clarion, or kenwood i personally have a kenwood and love it seamless ipod integration. hes saying that if your gonna get everything to match subs, amps, hu and all go alpine they make a DECENT everything but go ahead and mix and match to get the best out of your budget. alpines hu are awsome subs are good and amps id personally stay away from.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3403
Headunit - Alpine CDA-9887

Front speakers- DLS UP6 or Hertz hi-energy 2 way

Front stage amp- Alpine PDX-2.150

Subwoofers- 2 Boston acoustics G5 12s in a sealed box

Sub amp- Alpine PDX-1.1000

Complete wire kit

That would be under $2000 new and probably close to 1300-1600 used if you find some good deals. There is 1000s of options but for the cash that would be a very impressive sq system. An upgraded battery and in the long run a high output alternator would be nice but you should be able to run those 2 amps fine off a stock alternator.

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
ok so i might go with alpine hu since the majority of people i have been talkiing to recommend them. ill just have to look a little closer at that unit when i get home tonight. i saw some hertz subs in a local stereo shop in our town here...that a good name? they were subs

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1374
never heard of hertz subs b4 but doesnt mean that they are bad ask some other people they may know

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3404
The hertz mille subs are one of the top 3 subs for sq, IMO. Very expensive however... They have an HX line that is awesome for sq/sql, extremely accurate and gets very loud off low power.

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1375
^there you have it we both learned something

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1295
listen to jake papa, he knows a thing or 2 about SQ systems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us