Envoy/Trailblazer Install

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2997
So my parents are thinking about a trailblazer or an envoy for me but I have some concerns...

first off, anyone know about how well they run, my mom has and envoy xl or whatever and it runs great, but i wasn't sure if hers was an exception.

also, has anyone done an install on one and how did it go...(speakers, running wire, head units, etc., etc.)

also, i want the slt version with the bose sound system and steering wheel controls. what problems would i encounter with the bose system. also, could i hook the steering wheel controls to a new HU if i were to get one??

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5820
don't get the bose system if you want to run anything aftermarket.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1486
My mom has an '06 Envoy SLT. They are pretty nice. Doesn't have the Bose system in it but it sounds pretty good with the stock speakers. Should sound real good with some components and a sub or two.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3000
well unfortunately it seems like some of the ones i'm looking at have the bose because i want options on it, but would it present a huge problem if i'd be rewiring everything. my jeep had the stock infinity system but i completely took it out and i thought i could basically do that with the new car too.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2473
my moms got a 06 trailblazer and runs great. doesnt have the steering wheel controls, but does have the bose and onstar.

im sure it would be a huge b!tch to put anything aftermarket in it with the bose system and the onstar.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 2913
Ooh. I forgot about onstar. Don't know how that would work. If you aren't using onstar it wouldn't be a piece of cake but it wouldn't be horrible. I rewired over a few systems like that. Just have to trace wires or run new ones in some places.

As for how it runs, my sister has a trailblazer and my grandma has an envoy and both have ran great from day one.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1491
Oh yeah, I didn't think about the Onstar either. I don't know how all that sh!t works. My mom has Onstar on her's but it's not activated.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8810
Doesn't really matter what stock equipment is in there if you're just gonna rip it out and put in good stuff :-)

And thats a nice vehicle just make sure you get one with the V8 motor not one of the early V6 models.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2633
SS Trailblazer would be sweet.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3296
the onstar doesn't have anything to do with the stereo......I have steering wheel controls and onstar in my blazer, I've never had any problems. and I recently pulled out my onstar computer so I could put tow ropes in that cargo space

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3002
M.S. - - - What is wrong with early v6 motors (I was planning on getting the early v6, not the v8)

My mom's 2005 has the v6 and it runs strong. is it not a strong engine? (I'm serious in the question, I don't know either way and you sound much more knowledgeable on the topic)

yea the onstar i didn't think would matter. Thieves, have you changed the headunit?....

haha lowlife, i highly doubt my dads gonna dish out the cash for me to drive a trailblazer ss

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8814
Oh no its not a bad motor at all.... just not as much power/torque as the 5.3L V8.... one of the best engines chevy currently produces.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us