Box for audioque hd315

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4206
Hey guys, I'm trying to design a box for my friend for his single audioque hd315. He has a max dimensions of 31 wide, 16 height, 20 depth. I used the RE enclosure calculator and came up with this. What do you guys think? Overall I think he'll have enough with these dimensions.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2358
I could care less! You're too good for chat anymore so I dont care :-(

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4207
Ok, I was able to find my old thread in which sean recommended that I use 3 4" aero ports. Which would cost $50 shipped from PE.

Heres the thread
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/504914.html

So I redid some calculations

31 x 16 x 20 external dimensions

29.5 x 14.5 x 18.5 internal dimensions

4.58 internal cuft volume

4.58 - .30 - .25 = approx 4cuft

Now I don't know how long I would need ot make the aero ports or how shorter to make them if I increased the size of the box to 4.58cuft before sub and port disp. But I think that if I'm going to use the aero ports, that I'll have somewhere in the range of 4cuft after sub and port disp. So if anyone can chime in that would be great.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4208
"I could care less! You're too good for chat anymore so I dont care"

Sorry Twiz, I was in Pomona picking up my friends Chrysler 300 from getting his audio installed and afterwards I let him borrow one of my subwoofer box's so he can have some bass since we didn't get him a box built yet. I can't believe we spent upwards of 6 hours or so. I'll be online tomorrow forsure after 10pm when I get to work forsure.

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 715
dont for get the displacment of the sub and ports!

if there is for comps aero would be good
but for hitting the lows i would use slot port but who konws

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 717
dont for get the displacment of the sub and ports!

if this is for comps aero would be good
but for hitting the lows i would use slot port but who konws

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1120
" would need ot make the aero ports or how shorter to make them if I increased the size of the box to 4.58cuft before sub and port disp. But I think that if I'm going to use the aero ports, that I'll have somewhere in the range of 4cuft after sub and port disp"

hey dBLK.... I think he got that covered..

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10309
If you leave the port length a 13.75 each youll be at about a 39 hz port tune. But if you want it tuned to 40 hz go with a port 13 inches long.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4210
Is that with the new internal measurements?

29.5 x 14.5 x 18.5

If so, thanks. I want to get the box built soon bc its in like a 3.5cuft box or so tuned really low and it sounds horrible.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10322
yes thats with the new measurements. How low is it tuned in the current box? And how exactly does it sound bad? Did you give the port enough clearance? I assume your 18.5 is the new box depth.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4211
yeah 18.5 is the new box depth.

the box it is currently in isn't made for the sub at all. He just wants to use something in the meantime for a little bump, told him not to turn it up to loud until we get his new box. and yeah, it sounds really really bad. If it was me, I would take it out until I get a new box built haha.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us