Friend made big mistake.

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 570
ok well one of my friends probably about a month ago came and asked me what kind of equipment he should get. he said he probably wanted to spend around $2000. so i sent him home with alot of car audio names (DD, RE, FI, SS, and a few others). Well i totally forgot About the whole thing untill he called me this morning and told me he ordered some crazy equipment..... from bestbuy...... 2 subs and 2 amps to power them.

subs
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8393945&type=product&id=1179876642 000

amp
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8699376&type=product&id=1199494646 328

my friend told me the guy at bestbuy told him that the name brands i suggested were no where near the quality and sound of the sonys.... im gonna wait for them to blow and help him get something better. I told him once i get my 15" XXX i'll show him which one sounds better. but honestly i really hate how places like bestbuy rip of people like that.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 571
if i can get my camera fixed ill take a video of them.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 5052
just send him to one of the local shows.. hell realize what a mistake he made when he seeings all other good equipment that is "no where near the same quality" :-)

Silver Member
Username: Peakohm

Post Number: 101
links don't work for me but wow. pretty stupid mistake at that if you ask me. sony is better quality. HA.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16562
Sony HAS to be better. The BB dude with the long hair and stud in his nose said so.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1819
is it installed already?

tell him to take it backand get his money back

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 892
well the links dont work so what exactly did he get??

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9172
yeah tell him to take it back right away

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 572
Sony - 12" Dual-Voice-Coil 4-Ohm Subwoofer
Model: XS-LD127P5 SKU: 8393945 $529.99 each

its the most exensive sub on bb.com

and two pdx 600.1 499 each

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6091
at least he got nice amps, though he could have gotten them at a better price.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 894
this is a review on BB.com about that sony sub..

"wow. im just stunned by the mad deebeez this thing wangs out. the price was great and best buy is the best for car audio, any other online retailers or online companies just dont even match to this, i have it hooked up to my sony xplod amp and the tone and decibel level i reach are incredible, atleast 165 DB in my custom sealed box wow. nothing is better than best buy and the sony xplod"

HAHAHAHAHA 165!!! WTF???

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3937
Don't you hate it when your friends don't follow your advice.. Now all my friends know that I know my sh!t and if they got something that they knew I wouldn't approve of, they dare not show it off to me. But luckily none of them do that and follow my advice, makes me happy bc sometimes I'll get to near new equipment.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 573
yea i tell all my friends that i'll do there sytems for them if they just give me a spending limit and tell me what they want. i do it for free just so i can hear new equipment with out spending a crap load of my own money. plus i now a few pretty cute girls who have wanted me to install there sytems ;) nothing better then listening to good equipment and having really fine girls around u while ur doing it

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13744
so all i gotta do is buy some sony subs to reach 165DBS - learnt something new today ...

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16568
Advertising is for the blind, so to speak.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1348
wow. 1000 on amps... That would upset me if I spent that much and someone showed me I could've bought a new memphis 2500, kicker 2500, sundown 3000 for less, or even a kicker 1250.1 would be half the price in amps for the same power. :-(

Oh well, you tried to help.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2480
"wow. im just stunned by the mad deebeez this thing wangs out. the price was great and best buy is the best for car audio, any other online retailers or online companies just dont even match to this, i have it hooked up to my sony xplod amp and the tone and decibel level i reach are incredible, atleast 165 DB in my custom sealed box wow. nothing is better than best buy and the sony xplod"

That sounds like a review someone from here or another forum would do just to jack around.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1890
Take them back and MAKE them refund him for false advertising. I will send you an Alpha to compare if they want to play hard ball :-) Of course there needs to be a nice wager lol.

Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us