Need help picking amps

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 5054
Alright.. I've always had this lack of midbass from my nobeliums but it is from under-powering them.

I currently run active with a nine.4.. 65rms x 4 @ 4ohm @ 12.5v.

The dealer I got the nobeliums from said the mids need 150-200rms per mid and I can see why. The more I turn the volume up the more they come alive.

Here is what I was thinking..

Sell my nine.4 and buy a nine.2 for the tweets and a nine.2x for the mids or I can buy the nine.5 and bridge it to run 200rms per mid and run my nine.4 on my tweets until I sell it and buy a nine.2 for them.

I'd have a sub channel I really do not need then.. although I could run the nine.1 and when I want to do just SQ I can run the output from the nine.5

-----OR-----

I can sell my nine.4 and nine.1 and buy me some DLS amps.. but idk which ones.. have not looked into it..

I do like the ratings on the nine.5 .. low THD %

Model Name : NINe.5 Amplifier
Large 5 Channel Car Audio Amplifier
RMS Power @ 12.5v : Front Channels
4 x 100 @ 4Ohm @ 0.05%THD
4 x 55 @ 8Ohm @ 0.05%THD
4 x 175 @ 2Ohm @ 0.05%THD
2 x 350 @ 4Ohm @ 0.05%THD

RMS Power (Subwoofer Channel) @ 12.5v :
1 x 250w @ 4Ohm @ 0.09%THD
1 x 450w @ 2Ohm @ 0.09%THD
1 x 600w @ 1Ohm @ 0.09%THD
3 Level Inputs Individual inputs

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9174
"or I can buy the nine.5 and bridge it to run 200rms per mid"

that wouldnt be in stereo that way and that wouldnt be a good thing...unless im missing something

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4490
Ya, why would you have a sub channel? That is just a waste of a fifth channel. I myself settled on two new Alpine MRP-F550's which I will bridge into two channels each 4ohms producing 250rms. I am not an active type of person just to much work but I do like my sh!t LOUD especially when drinking lOl. Don't be fooled into thinking that you can hear THD of .1% or less, you can't, actually they say 1% isn't really audible so don't focus on an amp because it has .005%, you never notice a difference. I would focus more on size and efficiency because those two factors alone will determine where they will be placed. Keep us posted and maybe some pics how you have it all set up... Polo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5057
thats what i meant 350x2.. didn't pay attention to the specs lol..

i'd still use the substage.. i run the alpine imprint so i only need enough power to blend in the lows so 600rms is even more than enough

i guess if i want some bump i could hook up the nine.1 somewhere in the install and figure out some quick way to switch which type of power i want to use

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9179
just so it makes sense I posted...I just reread it you must have meant 350 x 2 at 4 ohms

Gold Member

Post Number: 5059
ugh, idk what i want to do :-(

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4493
Well Kevin you really can't go wrong with the amp you want but there is no reason for you to have a 5th channel. Maybe the nine.2 would be a better choice and cheaper to? Always remember, if you don't like it, sell it! Polo.. :-O

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13741
id match dls with dls amps ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us