All weather proof sub box??

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 574
hello I'm looking to build a sub box that is water,sand,mud proof. Its for a low depth pioneer 10 sub. which will be mounted in a dune buggy. hints why i need a weather proof one. i could make it out of mdf and have it line-x so that its water proof but does anybody got any ideas on how to build one?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12233
A system on a dune buggy?????

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1578
build a box and bedliner the b1tch...don't know what to do about covering the subs really though:-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 579
thats what i though lol. the new sand rails have sounds systems in them but they cost like $50k plus (the sand rail that is) but I haven't seen one with sub in it before. my dad owns a buggy frame and i have a kl v6 probe motor in my yard which i plan on supercharging but to get back to topic does anyone have any ideas on a weather proof box?

if you want to read more about my project its here

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?p=1923251054&posted=1#post1923251054

I have to save up a bit of money and thats what im trying to figure out now, the aprox cost of my project

and heres my dads long/mid travel suspension vw buggy

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r158/destroyerzx1/previewalldunebuggy.jpg

Silver Member

Post Number: 580
my reply above is to Paul Larrea

Silver Member

Post Number: 581
hmm i don't know much about box design but what about a box and a extra area infront of it to give it room to breathe but also completly enclose it and then line-x it which is the same thing as bedliner. of course you would never beable to acess the sub unless you broke the box or put a seal on it and made hinges and such but. kind of like this

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 582
it only requirs a .7 cubic feet box so would i make it 1.4 cubic feet with a panel in the middle?

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1051
Bandpass style maybe? Make it like you have above but instead of a big enclosed box, throw some plexi on the front and screw it in good. I don't know if it'll work bit it's just an idea.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5788
Just get a marine ready sub and solder/heat shrink all connections.

Where to mount the amp my also be a problem for you.

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 161
bandpass would be the only option that I can see working... for a short time, Good luck keeping moisture away from the amp and HU... isn't a dune buggy too loud to hear radio anyway?

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 477
just make the sub fire downwards that should protect it quite a bit

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3466
well that wont completely protect is mendon... you could build an isometric box...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16584
i don't think you should put a sub. it won't sound good. bass needs to resonate off of something and you got nothing. the subs would be out in the open.

Silver Member

Post Number: 583
hmm, true

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1281
Just get you some decent marine components :D A sub would be kind of pointless like Chad said.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us