2000 watts at 1ohm - rovin?

Silver Member
Username: Kwrubel21

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 283
i've been looking at 2 12" pioneer premier tsw3001d4 subwoofers and i'm pretty much set on these, unless anyone has a better suggestion for the same price.

so what i really need is a decently priced amp to push these fully. i was looking at the pioneer premier prsd2000spl. it's a little pricier than what i was looking for, so if anyone has a suggestion i'd like to hear

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1137
I would go for 2,500rms or even 3,000rms as they can take it! (I gave mine 3k for a loooong time) They are better than the Type R's in my opinion for spl applications and they sound decent as well.

I can reccomend RD as I run one now and it is awesome. www.low-hz.com and talk to Kevin he can help you with amps from RD (bought mine from him)

Im also selling some gear that might interest you:

I'm selling an earthquake amp (3,000rms @2ohm) for $550 shipped to the US, not sure how much that pioneer amp is....just an idea as it's a great amp, but a guy on here from Canada has 1st dibbs right now on it.

How much can you get a pair fo those subs for? Mine are up for sale in a box for $500 (2 12") Hit 144.1db with 3krms.

Just some suggestions.

Username: A_mcnally

Post Number: 3
man thos premiers are the sh*t i ahve 2 and they are great im powering them with a hifonics 2000 watt rms mono amp i got for 250 brand new on ebay. but you can get them for about 350 in stores

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1140
Hifonics have been know to be over rated by around 20% (I have not used one) this is just what 95% of people say on here.

So expect to get around 1600rms from the 2000rms amp.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 779
Damn right. Lol. I'm workin on it Mike.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1142
Hahaha no worries dude, you have 1st priority on this amp!...........well not forever, but for a few weeks you have 1st dibbs dude.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigbink

PhillyUsa

Post Number: 11
they will not take a true 3000w I have some on a planet audio bigbang 1250.1 at 1ohm half the gain and they are maxed out.

Silver Member
Username: Kwrubel21

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 284
so the subs are a good choice, but what kind of amp could i get for around 400 dollars. they can easily handle the 1000 watts true power a piece right?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigbink

PhillyUsa

Post Number: 13
Yes but dont go to much more the voice coils will start to smell and for $400 you can get almost any amp you want on ebay .

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4951
i agree with mike, RD audio or sundown.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12287
hifonics brutus 2000d or soundstream picasso 2000d if ur on a budget

but if can afford it get something like a Rockford Fosgate T20001bd .......

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1144
@ G. Irv

They are 1000rms and 3000max each (2,000 rms 6000max total)

Giving them 3,000rms is 1,500 watts EACH they will handle that no problem dude.

I own a pair and they are great no issues what so ever. They ran of an Earthquake D-10 for the longest time (3,000rms @ 2ohm amp and I ran it at .5ohm for burps and the amp does rated power) as I switched to the 5750.1 amp (6,000rms) and I only gained 1.4db (still a large jump) but it shows the D-10 does what it is supposed to do.

Username: Boomer88

Post Number: 2
Kole Audio KX1-4000D go to sonicelectronix.com it is there for $250
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us