Elec upgrade help plzzzz

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1416
well 1200 rms is enough anymore haha i have a stock 150 amp alt. i wanna run 2-2.5k rms. so if i have a 150 amp alt. run 1/0 wire, do the big 3, and add a kinetik 2000 in the back, but leave my stock batt up front, you think thatd be enough to run 2-2.5k rms?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4782
You can leave the stock battery in place but it would be good to put a 2400 in the back and whatever Kinetik you can fit under the hood as well.Like I said you can add to your stock battery in parallel but to minimize fighting between your batts it's best to run the same type.I think you'll be fine with that alt.If you see signs of mad voltage drop or massive dimming then you know what you need to do.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1417
well i have a 2000 kinetik up in my room so put that in the back and juss find a smaller one thatd fit up front?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4784
Yep.You should be able to fit an HC 1800 under the hood,maybe even a 2000,use the 2000 that you have there and see if that fits under the hood.Then order another one if that fits.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1418
ive heard that kinetiks arent really supposed to be used for under the hood, but should i be okay? cuz my local shop sells kinetiks but he said to not use a kinetik under the hood, but i dunno i think it should be okay....

Gold Member

Post Number: 4785
Ask him the reasons why he says that :-) I bet he won't give you a good and truthful reason.

http://kinetikaudio.com/support.asp

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6462
For all those that say dimming lights can be fixed with extra battery, read this. It's from Kinetikaudio.com's site.

"I bought a Kinetik Power Cell and my lights are dimming again, why?
You may want to have a professional check your alternator and charge then load test the starting battery. Adding more power will only temporarily fix the problem if your alternator is not charging the system. "

Gold Member

Post Number: 4786
"For all those that say dimming lights can be fixed with extra battery, read this. It's from Kinetikaudio.com's site.

"I bought a Kinetik Power Cell and my lights are dimming again, why?
You may want to have a professional check your alternator and charge then load test the starting battery. Adding more power will only temporarily fix the problem if your alternator is not charging the system. ""

Nobody said anything about a battery fixing dimming lights so...thanks for contributing though Isaac :-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6464
That was for the noobs so that they won't listen to idiot mechanics. Not the first time those guys said "2nd battery in the trunk" will fix all your power problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4792
Good point Isaac.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1419
well the thing is right now my lights kinda dim with 1200rms, but im runnin juss stock batt and 4 gauge wire. im thinkin 2 kinteiks 1/0 wire and big 3 should be okay for 2-2.5k right? even though my lights dim now, i never really noticed it cuz it dont do it on like long bass line songs juss on really punchy bass if that makes any sense lol

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5110
imo if there dimming now and you want to double/nearly double the power i'd look into a ho alt.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4817
Did you ask that shop about why they don't recommend running Kinetiks under the hood?I'd love to hear their reason(s).

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1423
lol nah i havent been there, but he was like on the phone with a dude that supplies them kinetiks and he said that they werent really made for that, next time i go in there ill ask him lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4823
Haha,call Kinetik and see what they have to say about it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us