Why is negative terminal on box HOT?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1636
Its hot as hell and melting through. Are my wires too small? I have 2 runs of 16 from amp to positive terminal and 2 runs of 16 gauge from amp to negative terminal.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9512
How many watts?

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2588
i bet he has 2 Fi Q 15's and a PA A3000DB ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1637
haha...yep, you are correct sir.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3340
It is alt current, there shouldn't be one terminal getting hot they both should be, recheck your wiring...Polo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1638
Anything specific I should be looking for? I have checked, cleaned up and redone my wiring a couple of times. I just put my stock alt back in so I could send in my 200A Iraggi alt. The Iraggi's voltage was staying at 12.45v. It wouldnt get any higher. At first it would get to 14.4V and then all of a sudden it wouldnt get past 12.45. I put in a new battery that read 12.8v and as soon as I put it in, the voltage dropped to 12.4v. So now I am running a 130A alt.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1639
I'm leaving to go camping so if anybody has any idea's, please leave it here. I will be back in 2 days to check. Thanks everybody.

Jesse D

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2755
You need better terminals. May want to run a single 10-12awg too. But if it just the terminals, then they should be replaced. Obviously, they cant handle the juice.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 943
Careful with that. It wouldnt be the first box ive seen on fire from crappy terminals.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us