Kick panels anyone?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14076
for people that wants to install their component speakers in the kick panel, q-logic makes some nice ones. they have one more most cars.

go to this site and select your car.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XKgAP3GbcSc/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?search=qlogic+kick+panel&skipvs=T&g=182850

this is the one i'll be getting.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3464
Those look pretty sweet,post pics of before and after they're installed.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 950
screw holes fit into existing stock screw holes? or drilling required? and i just looked they dont make one for my vehicle.

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14077
will do. it matches the interior of my car pretty well. at least from looking at the picture it seems like it.

also i will be going with a mmats 3 way component speakers. i got to hear a demo in a honda accord and it sounded awesome. very nice response to all frequencies.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1840
build your own chad.:-)

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14078
btw the i can get the mmats 3 way for only 400 bux.

jk the screw holes go in to the existing hole. i saw one in person and it is simple to install. i just take the existing kick panel out and replace it with this one.

on the driver side it looks a little different. it has the hole for my hood realese.

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14079
jake too much work. lol. besides i found one on ebay that is for my car. 2 days left and the price right now is 20 bux. shhhhhhh don't tell no one.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3314
none that fit my car either :\

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4789
sorry chad, but iv looked into those kicks and found out they are basically crap. from what i hear they are made from cheap plastic and they dont really seal the speaker off at all.

just build your own.

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14080
here is what it would look like in my car.

Upload
Upload

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14081
mat i know they are cheap. once i get them i have to do some work to it to make it just right. important thing is it has the shape already made.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1581
Ok This is kind of a newb question, is it really better to have kick panels verses just putting them in the stock location? And what makes it better if it is.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1818
one thing that makes them better is imaging. the sound really hits you more than when it is all just blasting the side of your leg.

also, the addition makes it just THAT much louder so if your trying to keep up with alot of bass it comes in very handy as well.

those ones really are kinda crappy but if you arent a total idiot or already have SOME kind of fiberglassing skills you can make them work ALOT better than just throwing them in there. its almost as bad as just throwing a component set in an '88 cutlass... :-)

install seriously is everything, all the way down to those tweeters. ive heard some terrible setups with what were supposed to be nice top of the line component sets...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1819
*in the doors of an '88 cutlass...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3466
Before you do any custom work Chad just listen to how they sound first.You may be pleased with the way they sound from the factory.

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14082
ok i have heard them in those enclusers and they sound very nice. here is how it is going to be installed.

tweets......enclosure isn't important but the location is. that kick panel will provide a good location.

mids.......it does requier a nice enlosed space for it to sound good. most likely i will make a ring out of thin mdf to put the speaker so it don't resonate.

woofer.....will go in my door panel on the stock location.

"those ones really are kinda crappy but if you arent a total idiot or already have SOME kind of fiberglassing skills you can make them work ALOT better than just throwing them in there. its almost as bad as just throwing a component set in an '88 cutlass... "

call me an idiot but i don't think i can make one that will fit perfectly in that location. also if the fiberglassing is important, then i can just coat it with resin. its as simple as that.

it seems like everyone on this forum is a pro at making kick pods but i have not seen a single person that did it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1820
"call me an idiot but i don't think i can make one that will fit perfectly in that location."

i actually meant if you couldnt think of ANYTHING, as little as sealing it off with your car, dynamatting the inside, or... coat it with resin... and read it again, i didnt "make them" i said "make them work ALOT better" as in custom customizing them... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4794
i have fiberglassing skills, i do repair work on boats and have done a few custom pieces as well.. i just have no space to put kick pannels in my little car. its stick and because of the clutch petal i have no extra room on the drivers side for them.

but as long as you do some work to those it should make them alot better. also you might want to consider useing them to get measurements from to make your own and if they dont turn out use those. but with a few mods they should turn out good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3469
"it seems like everyone on this forum is a pro at making kick pods but i have not seen a single person that did it."

Lol.Snappin on people Chad!Whooo whooo!The only thing I would do is exactly what you said about the resin,I was going to mention that but I figured you'd think the same :-) a little silicone sealant around the edges would help in case of leaks.Just make sure to use clear tape around those edge first if you have any so you don't mess up the carpet at all.

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14083
oops tremor. i mis read your post. lol. sorry? ")

Gold Member

Post Number: 1821
yeah dude its cool... all im saying is when you buy them, they are a bent up piece of plastic. ive heard several of the q logic's, i even owned a pair in my 96 neon which i did nothing to other than took them out of the box and installed them in the car. they sounded good but a real set of handmade sealed kick pods is where its at. but whatever, who are you competing with? :-)}

Gold Member

Post Number: 1822
haha, yeah you misread that bad...

is it my texan accent?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1824
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/368278.html

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14085
lol funny stuff there.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3058
Great choice in the mmats components chad, I heard them in an accord a couple of years back that they sounded amazing. The whole vehicle was sq, it was the best sq car I have ever heard so far. I'm sure you'll be happy with those mmats components.

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 924
read this review Chad oh and by the way did you send it yet?

I've always looked forward to installing a set of components in the kick panels, and I was lucky enough (or so I thought) that Q-Logic made them for my 97 GTi. To sum it up quickly: The finish is noticeably different than OEM (even for black), I had to trim a huge amount of material just to squeeze the passenger panel in to clear the heater box, and it still didn't fit right; the driver's side kick panel, no matter where it's mounted, required huge cutting to clear the hood release, and it's still difficult to open the hood; both sides absolutely do not fit right, even after 5 hours of trimming, removing, refitting, etc. They were not worth losing the dead pedal, even taking in to consideration the improvement in sound. Save your money, put the 150 towards a nicer set of components or 2 ways. Sorry folks!

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3323
from the pictures chad posted i would think the person had the wrong set of panels shipped to him, or didnt know what he was doing like removing the old panels before putting new ones in place lol, the pic looks fine.

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14090
yeah i mailed out the stickers on friday raymond.

i did read the review. i ain't paying 120bux for that either. i am bidding on one on ebay. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 149
I do mostly custom boxes and kick panels I am working on some for 2006 Monte Carlo right now. mine do cost a little more but for getting fiberglass compared to cheap plastic its worth it. You can see some on my site in pic's at www.myspace.com/uroc_97_tj I use PayPal so you don't have to worry about getting them or your money back. I do list my kick pods on Ebay also. Jeep has always been my main market because because nobody really makes quality stuff for them! The Mod Pods are the only other speaker pods made for them and it is right in the way so you drag dirt, mud, and water in right on top of it. Also they are plastic so if you have ever heard the difference you will understand why fiberglass is the only way to go!!!
Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3494
Would you like to attemp to make something for a 1993 GMC Safari?

Silver Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 150
I will have to locate one here local, and make a template for it, I will give anything a try! Let me run auto trader and I'll get back with you okay? Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3497
Alright,let me know what's up but I already know it's a project but just keep me posted :-)

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3064
I just finished putting a layer of resin onto my doors Chad. Then later I'm going to mount the speaker ring to the door, wrap it, resin, and then lets see what happens from there. Now I have to go to sleep. Anyways, hit me up when you plan to go to Chad Gearys place.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3504
Nice Berny but where are the pics?!

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3067
Its ugly right now, I will take pics after I wrap it lol.

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 777
mesodumm what about an 06-07 honda civic coupe?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3509
"mesodumm what about an 06-07 honda civic coupe?"

You go away and you go away now!Me first!

Silver Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 151
no problem! I've done quite a few honda's, my computer crashed 2 weeks ago so I have to go through the back up disc's to find all my photo's

Silver Member

Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 779

Silver Member

Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 780
so u can do the kickpanels for my civic?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us