Two last questions before I buy....

Username: Dastunna

Post Number: 6
First, can anyone describe the sound difference between 2 12" xxx subs and one 18" xxx sub? And two, whats the sound difference between a regular box and a ported box? Thanks, and sorry for the amateurish questions... I haven't done any car audio stuff for 5 years now.... paying off my car :-)

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 688
sealed will provide a bit more sound quality but ported will be alot louder and if u do competitions u wont get no where sealed and if u usin a xxx u need ported IMO and prolly others

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4202
are you that set on the XXX they are so over priced how. a sub can still sound great ported and will be louder then sealed.

Username: Dastunna

Post Number: 7
I'm not into competitions any more, but I miss being able to feel the bass... I can get re audio products at cost so i'm sticking with them, but i'm open to suggestions if you think one of their subs would be better in a sealed box... basically looking for quality and the ability to blow my mind when i'm in the mood for serious bass...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4205
well the ficaraudio.com Q is made by one of the guys from RE and is a great SQL sub. and its ment to work well in sealed boxes, but like most subs shine in ported. the thing about the xxx is it is very power hungry where the Q will do great just off 1000rms.

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 544
^x2, i have 1 12" Q powered by a zx1000.1 in a ported box, and is really low and great sound quality. i do feel the bass

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 693
do ported if u wanna feel the bass most people cant tell the difference in sealed and ported on sq

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1713
If your willing to spend the money get the XXX over the Q. Ive heard them both and honestly I dont think there anywhere near each other in any category (including price).

Personally I wouldnt buy an XXX because of how much they cost...but there still the best sql sub you can get.

1 18 xxx ported to 28hz is my vote. (if you have the space to fit an 18.)

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2261
get me a couple of MX's for cost and ill buy them from you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us