what is the amp powering? a sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Bryan333

Post Number: 59
yes. two 12" subs @350wrms

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4144
Set your LPF to either 12db 18db or 24db slope @ 80hz. A steeper slope like 18db whould sound cleaner and not as muddy as a 12db.

Set your HPF to 12db slope @ 100hz

Use these either on your HU or AMP.

I use my HU for all the crossovers. I just set my LPF and HPF on the amps to pass or off.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
HPF should be @ 100hz?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4146
Usually 100-125hz is a good starting point. What freq range does your mids cover ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
I have my rear speakers cover my mids for the most part, and their frequency response is 40Hz - 22kHz

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
some guy on another site said to use these settings
X-Over set to LPF
HPF off
LPF set to 70hz
Bass Boost set to 0db

how come he said to turn HPF off, but you say to turn it up to 100hz? I currently have HPF on 50hz

Gold Member

Post Number: 4147
Disregard what he said.

Set your rear HPF to 6 or 12db @ 80-100hz / whichever sounds better to you.

Set your front HPF to 12db @ 80-100hz

and set your LPF to 18db @ 80hz

and you should get alot better sound quality.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
I dont have rear and front HPF. I dont have a very expensive system, all I have is Gain, Bass Boost, X-Over, and settings for HPF which is at 50hz, and LPF which is set half way between 50hz and 250hz

Bronze Member
Username: Dj_007

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 21
but if all your powering is Subs you dont want any High Pass at all.. you just want he low pass or they will sound like rubber bands... and it usually a good idea if you can turn the boost down and the gain up... it sounds cleaner.. and i ususally set low pass to 50hz... to cover the low low notes...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
so yeah, what the guy from the other site said before. HPF off, LPF at 70hz, and bass boost on 0db.

Bronze Member

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 29
yeah pretty much.. thats a pretty good idea.. but of corse if you want a little more boom from the amp turn the boost on some but dont overdo it or you will just do nothing but clip the amp and cause distortion...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
yeah the boost is on a little bit right now. It goes from 0db to 18db and its on a little past half way

Bronze Member

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 36
eyah its nice it is variable.. some amps just have an on/off for the boost.. yea anthing more than a quarte way is usually too much.. depending on the amp of corse.. another thing i know pple to do is turn up the boost and get a remote gain control and controlt he gain to get the bass they want.. cuz you know especially on burnt cds the volume of the bass isnt always right..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
yeah Im gonna try and screw around with my speakers crossovers tommorow. I want no bass in the back with really loud vocals from the rear. My friend has it setup that way, but then again he has little patience and doesnt like to deal with me considering I dont know too much lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us