Problem

Username: Jack1808

Post Number: 7
when i turn my truck on..my sub makes a humming noise..when i turn the volume down,put it on pause..sometimes moving in and out. it cant be the amp because ive tried different amps. it might be the rca's i dont know. if anyone has any suggestions ill give it a try.thanks

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1771
did you run the RCAs right next to the power wire? Might be getting alt noise.. then again it might be poor RCAs.. did you run through the wiring and make sure nothing was pinched and everything was secure?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1338
Bad ground. Redo the ground connection.

Post Number: 9
yeah i did run the rcas next to the power wire...no clue how to tell if its poor rcas. i checked to see if anything was pinched..seemed to be fine.

Post Number: 10
bad ground wire? or move the ground? could be though. ill try. thanks

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 2976
...rerun your rca's to the other side away from the power wire. it should solve it or at least help it

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1146
Yeah rerun your wires on the opposite side like wreck havoc said. That definately has to be your problem. =).

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1780
ditto... getting alt noise/whine.. whatever you want to call it. while your doing that double check all your connections.. make sure they are tight. and make sure your ground is a secure ground with a CLEAN metal surface.. no paint
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us