Load and upgrade?

Bronze Member
Username: Zoomiebird

Post Number: 70
anyone familiar with the JBL bp-1200? i wanna know if i am running two 4-ohm comps, how much power is each sub getting. the amp is 1200 rms at 2ohms. does that mean that each sub is getting half of that power?

if i wanted a sql system and had around $300 to spend on sub(s) and box (i can build the box i just need a good design to fit in my '99 accord trunk). does anyone want to be mighty f*ckin creative tonight and suggest a sub or pair of subs that could use every little bit of that power? remember im not rich so try to keep the price under $300.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
sorry i accidentally put this up in the amp section. i mainy would love an answer to my second question, and this is the only place for it.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1721
if you run the 2 subs on that amp, each sub would be getting about 600rms, making it 1200rms total.

i think there was a re sx 15 for sale around here somewhere. check the for sale section. that sub would pound on that amp and some other people on this forum or I could help you with a good box design...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
sweet i'll look for it.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1723
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/290974.html

theres the sx 15. i dont know if its sold yet or not, but its a pretty good deal. i know cannans combination of the jbl 1200 and the sx 15 was very nice...about 148db nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us