Help me out fellas

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chi Town

Post Number: 104
Apparently the speakers forum is g@y and no1 will help me. so here i am.

Need 6 1/2" speakers for my 2000 crown vic. I'd like to spend approximately $50 bucks per pair. They'll be working with the following:

-Alpine CDE 7858 Head Unit (45x4 amp)
-2 12" assassins powered by a kicker zx750 (dont know if subs/amp are relevant here but doesn't hurt)

My last system came with nice speakers so i haven't shopped them before. All suggestions welcome, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3212
spend a few more, you get the infinity reference

Silver Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 105
i hear infinity makes good speakers...you'll cover the price difference right ty? :-) j/k thx for the suggestion

other suggestions ppl?

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1685
infinity.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2488
look into alpine type s coax, i have a set of 5.25's running off my head unit and they sound decent, never heared the infinty though.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1266
My advice.. go to a store, listen to em, see what sounds best to you, buy em there or get em off ebay. ppl hear sound diffrently, so someone might say Infinity are the best, but you may like the sound of Polk, or Boston Acoustics better. Subs are a diffrent thing. Its a lot easier to get a sub recommandation cause they just play sub notes. Subs sound good (JL) or they dont (Sony). Speakers sound good or bad, depending on who you ask.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1271
My advice.. go to a store, listen to em, see what sounds best to you, buy em there or get em off ebay. ppl hear sound diffrently, so someone might say Infinity are the best, but you may like the sound of Polk, or Boston Acoustics better. Subs are a diffrent thing. Its a lot easier to get a sub recommandation cause they just play sub notes. Subs sound good (JL) or they dont (Sony). Speakers sound good or bad, depending on who you ask.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1273

realy, thats like asking should I wear a coat ouside. I would say yes, being from Boston, But Rovin would tell you to wear shorts.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 643
look into the kicker ks60 ... i have the compenents set running in my car and they sound amazing ... look into a nice two channel that does 50-70 x2 to power them you wont be disappointed

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7279
jl audio tr650-cxi sounds very good. they are cheap too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-AUDIO-TR650-CXi-COAXIAL-6-5-SPEAKERS-SET-2-WAY-NEW_W0QQit emZ280050432928QQihZ018QQcategoryZ18799QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8871
triple post FTL marc......only double gets you points. haha

hey Vic, check out some CDT's. i don't know if oyu already talked with Alteraudiousa, but he can get you a very good deal on a set just for oyur application. he knows his stuff.

aim is alteraudiousa:-)

Silver Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 106
thx guys.

BAWLIN

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3218
6x8 in door 6x9 in rear

Gold Member

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8884
we fly high, no lie, you know this(notice?)

BALLIN!!!}}}

Gold Member

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8885
holy hell i screwed that up^^^^ lmao

i am on the comp at the liBARY:-) at skoo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us