Can I fix my comps???

Bronze Member
Username: Zoomiebird

Post Number: 62
hey, i just traded a guy some DVDs for a pair of 12" kicker comps. i dont have any stats on them so i dont know much about them. the one problem with them is the wire going from the terminal on the sub to to cone has detatched from the cone. is there any way this can be reattached? im not out a lot on them but if i could get them going i might be able to sell them to a friend. any suggestions?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
here are a few pics

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 866
they can be fixed....my L7 did that. dont solder it tho. Solder will just break again.

Bronze Member
Username: Icecreamman5687

Post Number: 83
that happend to my bro's bostons G2 and he solder it then took a hot glue gun and put that around...odd i know but it workd

Gold Member
Username: B101

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 3953
tinsel came loose...
How COMMON is that on Kicker subs... LMAO!
major problem with the L5s and L7s... I think u had too much tinsel slap...

its not gonna be a easy fix, cause the hard part of the tinsel came off, if it came off the other end at the terminals, then solder would take care of it easy... but you cant solder to a paper cone... :-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
well there isn't any exposed wire left on the cone. so i dont have anything to solder to. all thats left is a little indentation where the wire used to be. if i get the wire in place and hot glue it down will it work? any other suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 667
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
haha owned my @SS! i just fixed them and they pound hard. i melted away a wee bit of the cone plastic surrounding the wire in the cone itself. after enough was exposed i did my first bit of soldering ever and then super glued the sh!t out of it. both are up and running, a good thing since my infinity cone seperated from the rubber around it. bummer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us