Whats the best 2000wrms for the cash???? 2500.1 vr. orion5000

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 138
Which amp should I try for a 2-15" set up????? Ican still use a monoblock amp with 2 subs right?

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 855
yea. depends on the VC config to know how much power you'd be gettin tho. Orion d5000 does 2500rms @1ohm...sames as a 2500d.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2459
i take it 2500.1 is the kicker? and yes you can use a mono on a pair of subs.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 856
Also, what 15s are they?

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 857
the kicker 2500.1 will do 2500rms @2ohm. So if you wanted 2500rms it would depend on your VC config. the kicker is usually like 200-250 more than the orion.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
u2 armeggedins, do you just like on a dual 2 ohm wired to a mono amp it would be 1/5 ohm? the u2's say 2500wrms and 2500 peak,LOL so I am iffy

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 858
well. if u wire em parallel then its .5ohm. With dual 2 ur options are .5 or 2ohm to a monoblock. Wither dual 4 ur options are 1 or 4ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1432
Sundown Audio.. SAZ-1500D
$500

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
the kicker is mor rms than the orion? really? I have learned a little tonight!! The subs say dvc2+2 also anyone familiar with the quad voice coil OZ AUDIO 15.1SPL SUB

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
Anyone know where the cheapest place to get a 2500.1 kicker????? I have the 2 OPTIDRIVE 2000'S but I talk to alot of people who really don't care for any kinda Lanzar? so, I have a little time, I am on a budget though, I figured say 600.00 for my subs I found some u2 armegeddin's which he said were identical as the ssx, so 650.00 shipped not to bad I guess!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
OK, WHEN COMPARING The RE Against The Treo and through in the btl, out of those subs which will probably last longest and sound best?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2460
what models of the re and treo you talking about? you need to post models when asking questions so people can help you. and they should all last you a very long time taking you don't blow them. and i'm not 100% sure but i think chad might be the only one here thats heard the btl so you might have to ask him. and "sound best" is personal preferance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
Well, I figured the ssx vs. RE MX vs. BTL , Ive not heard the BTL either but the ssx I was told was exactly like the U2 armeggedin

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
Well, I guess the ssx, vs. the mx vs. say the fi q??

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10254
3 totally diffrent subs...

im guessing u just want spl..right....??

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
Also, I have a huge van, what type of encloser would probably sound better with alot of space like that! Its a 1979, so its not air tight you know, so I thought that would hurt vs. a newer vehical???

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
Yes sir Chauncey, I am a big SPL enthusiast!!where would you have your box tuned at, for good spl, and decent sq??

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
Upload
It does look simular to an ssx, hhhmmm

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10257
Ok..lets start over...cause im looking at the thread and it seems to be all over the place..

1.Budget
2.Do you have a charging system upgrade already??
3.Space
4.What all do you need amps,subs,wire,etc??
5.Calm down..lol

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10258
looks mean nothing..

also

6.How many subs do you want
7.How is ur frontstage??

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
How many cu. ft. does that look?Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
Not yet, work with me now, it starts with a dream! Then you go to work! I have 2 new optidrive 2000's and 45ft of 0gauge wire, a vehical, a single yellow top Optima, and found a pair of subs on ebay!! Now I have my friend trying to get me a alt. he said it shouldn't be hard cuz I have a v8 and plenty of room! So, sorry I get way ahead of myself!!LOL I am just excited to get started! before I order those U2's off ebay, I just wanted some suggestions! also, I even thought about selling the optidrives and looking for a kicker amp!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
I have a pioneer hu with the cars racing on the front like a screen saver, oh, I am just going with 2-15's and I'm not set on the kind either! I seen those armeggedins on ebay, struck up a conversation, he said 650 for 2 shipped!!Is that ok you think? they are new he said!

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10259
show me ur subs...specs please...

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
Ok, they say, sorry so long!!!!!THIS AUCTION IS FOR A BRAND NEW KOVE ARMAGEDDON U-2. GUARANTEED SATISFACTION. THE SUB IN THE PICTURES ARE USED AND ARE MINE AND IS NOT THE ACTUAL PHYSICAL 1 FOR SALE THE 1 YOU WILL RECIEVE IS BRAND NEW 15. IT'S JUST TO SHOW YOU WHAT IS FOR SALE IN THE AUCTION. THIS SUB CAN HANDLE 2500 RMS OF STRAIGHT RAW POWER. DUAL 2 OHMS FOR AN OPTIONAL AMOUNT OF CONFGURATIONS FOR INSTALLMENT. I HAVE ONE HOOKED UP TO A ZAPCO C2K 9.0. AND IT HANDLES EVERYTHING I'VE EVER GIVEN IT. BUT THE ONE YOU ARE BIDDING ON IS BRAND NEW. NOT REFURBISHED EITHER. THERE WERE ONLY 400 OF THEM EVER MADE, YOU WILL PROBABLY NEVER FIND ANOTHER ONE OF THESE SUBS NEW AGAIN. IT HAS A TRIPLE STACKED 582oz MAGNET WITH AN ATTRACTIVE RUBBER BOOT, AND A MASIVE 4'INCH ALUMINUM COILS. AND AN AWESOME BASKET WITH A STEEL MESH FOR ULTIMATE COOLING FOR THE COILS. IT HAS A DUAL LAYER SPIDER AND A HEVY DUTY KEVLAR CONE. WITH A 4 INCH EXCURSION FOR MAXIMUM THROW RATIO. THIS SUBWOOFER DOES NOT SOUND LIKE A SINGLE SUBWOOFER. AND IT ALSO WILL FIT IN A 4.0 CUBIC FOOT PORTED BOX. THE WAY I SEE IT IS YOU CAN GO OUT AND BUY YOURSELF A PAIR OF SUBS AND TRY TO REACH THAT SOUND YOUR LOOKING FOR OR BUY THAT SUBWOOFER YOUR WANTING THAT JUST SUPRISES THE CRAP OUT OF YOU. THIS SUBWOOFER IS ALSO HAND BUILT RIGHT HERE IN THE GOOD OLD U.S.A. NOW IM NOT SAYING THIS IS THE BEST SUB EVER OR ANYTHING I JUST STAND BEHIND IT 100%. IF IT CAN HANDLE MY ZAPCO 9.0 WHICH DOES 4,300 WATTS I'D HAVE TO SAY IT'S QUITE WORTHY.THIS SUBWOOFER WEIGHTS IN AT A ENORMOUS 55 POUNDS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS JUST E-MAIL ME AND I'LL RESPOND WITH IN 10 HOURS TIME. THE 4 18'S IN THE WALL BELONGS TO A GUY NAME DON. AND THE PICS OF THE 2 DIFFERENT 15'S ARE A PIC TO SHOW YOU THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A ZM PRO ARMAGEDDON AND THE KOVE ARMAGEDDON U-2 SERIES. WELL HAPPY BIDDING AND THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST.

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
Didn't know a better way!!LOL

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10260
u could have posted a link...lol

but anyway...u will need an amp that puts out 2500-3000rms @1ohm...

so what is your budget??

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
WELL, IF I GET those it would leave me with around 550.00 but I need an encloser built too, so if I do it myself I could save alot!Can I ask you your personal opinion on these subs, do you think he's a bull $hiter, or do you know these subs? You might know him his name is Rich Kleckner???

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
I believe he said he was ranked up there in USACI but maybe not!

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10261
My friend Josh...has Kove subs in his suv...and they are loud..sq is some what of an after thought though.

and is it one sub or 2??

and ur gonna need more money...there is no way around it...

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
Thats what I thought, he told me he would ship me 2 for 650 shipped! But, if I hadn't spent 700.00 on two Optidrive's theres no way to incorperate the 2000d's are they? The amps are .5 ohm stable but they probably wouldn't tickle them much, well I have a couple friends that are wanting to buy amps, if I could get at least 600 back out of the 2000d's maybe I would have a good start!! I still am not sure what its gonna cost for a alt??? Do you know what amp alt. I need?

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10269
http://excessiveamperage.com/

contact nate...tell him what u are trying to do and he will send u a quote..

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
Whats a 2500.1 Kicker run these days???

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
Oh man, thanks Chauncey! I needed a good alt. man, noone around here does that stuff! They would make a killing around here!!!About everyone you see around here has l-7's or JL'S Noone has audioque, treo,re, Fi, none of those!LOL man I feel like I am in the sticks!!LMAO

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
Well, I am going to bed!! I just want to thank you and the other guys! People don't share info alot anymore, you know? Someone like you could roll into my town, run a few audio adds in the local paper, have a few db races and BOOM you would be a rich man!!!LOL I appreciate you really! Have a great rest of the weekend, and a even better week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10271
no problem

and driving says i dont help people..lol

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 859
A kicker ur looking at 650 to 700 and its not supposed to be ran @ 1ohm but may be able too. not recommended. So ur gettn 2500 @ 2ohm.

The orion is about 400, does 2500 @ 1ohm, not supposed to be ran at .5ohm, but it can be according to some ppl.

All depends on ur subs as to which to get.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3026
or u could just buy my autotek 2000.1 that i have for sale for 400 it retails for 1250 ask anyone its a great amp

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 476
hey chaunce i use to be stationed in huntsville!

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 230
well i have an orion hcca-d5000 and my friend just got in his kx2500.1 so i can compare them and get back to ya sometime this week. I am happy with my orion right now it is a good amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
OK THANKS GOING DEAF!!!! I WAS REALLY WONDERING WHICH ONE WAS A BETTER AMP?

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 236
yea considering the fact i paid 471 brand new for mine and hes got like 600-700 tied up in his refurb amp i still think the orion is the better deal. We should both have our stuff installed this weekend so i will let yall know.

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 235
If you got your orion 5000d for $471.00, I got ripped off.

Bronze Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 28
i got one for sale for 400+ shippin
its a WCC-D5000 same as orion D-5000
jonathan_111787@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us