Tell me whats good

Username: Goodie_goop

Post Number: 3
i gotta 98 mustang gt...really want a new system cus the one i got i bought from a friends brother for 100 bucks and its weak (but for 100 wut else could u ask for)...im leanin more tword SPL and i dont want any distortion wen i really turn it up...so either good SQL or some SPL subs that sound good...i dont really care if its 1 or 2 subs or 10" 12" 15" w/e as long as it sounds nice...keep in mind its quite a small trunk to work with and small altenator...also i dont want to get a new alt or batteries or nothin like that. any input from people who know wut they are talkin about would b nice...thanks...josh

o ya my budget is roughly 800-900...but cheaper then that is always better

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3099
-maybe a audioque sd2.5 12 www.audioque.com $150
-ported enclosure, try putting some effort into making your own, we'll help you.
- hifonics BXi 1206D at 2 ohms $220 puts out 900 at 2 ohms, if thats too much for your alt, turn the gain down til its okay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BXi-1206D-1-200-WATT-BXi-1206D-AMP-NEW-2006_W0QQite mZ150049481254QQihZ005QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thats 370 so far. do you need a new HU? wiring? what else? you need atleast 4awg power wire so if you have less you'll need new wiring. id suggest redoing your big 3 as well.

let me know

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 489
Kicker ZX1500.1 and 2 12inch memphis M3s. The amp is rated at 750rms at 4 ohms but should put out about 800 or more. You will have a damn nice system right now and if you ever decide to upgrade subs you wont need to buy a bigger amp you can just run the same one at 2 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1531
^^^^^??????????

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1445
two SI BM 12"s with that same amp as trevor posted .. hifonics BXi 1206D

Silver Member

Post Number: 490
When hes spending that kind of money he can get a lot better equipment than hifonics. And were those question marks for me steven?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3100
he shouldnt really run over 600w rms. he has a stock alternator and he said its a small one.

also maybe 2 12 assasins sealed with about 600-800wrms total.

or 2 FI audio X 12s

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3101
a kicker zx750 or kx600 would be a good buy for an amp as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 491
Its a mustang gt which has a V8 so that stock alt isnt that small so he would be fine with what i suggested.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3102
my 6L V8 has a 130A alt and dims bad with 1000w rms without a battery. id guess his is a 80-100a alt.

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 257
you think the Hifonics BXi 2006D is better than the crossfire vr1000d? i hear bad things about hifonics. r they overrated?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2420
zx750.1 and 1 AA arsenal in a nice ported box, should make a nice sql system with out breaking the bank.

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 259
sorry i posted in the wrong place 2 many pages open...lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1446
I run 1160rms off a 90A alt in my Jetta with no problems.. lights dim slighty only when the h/u is on 3/4 ..

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 265
i run 1300 wrms off of a 115A alt with 2 batts and lights never dimbut i am still tryin to get a 200A alt but irragi or ea never emails me back wtf? iv emailed them both twice....

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3105
the battery makes all the difference though. adding a batcap took away all my dimming. but soon i'll have a 250A alt and a kinetik monster.

a kinetik 800 for like 125 on ebay is so worth it. go ahead with a 1200w amp or so if you want and just add that bat into the items, i promise you wont regret it. probably even a good idea if you have a 600w amp.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1566
richard. try 4alterstart.com

trevor. i know you havnt been around for a while but renegadesrun can get you a good deal on kinetics. i dont nkow if cheaper then that ebay one but he still has great deals

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3112
already have mine. but 'preciate the offer 8)

Post Number: 4
hey thanks for all the quick responses guys and im still lookin in to all the stuff u said but i jus wunted to throw this out there...i went to a local audio dealer las week and he put (2) 10" infinity 1030W subs and an alpine amp in my friends truck and said it would be a good system for my car but with a pro box he had on the showroom floor for $250...jus wunderin if that sounds alright or how these ones you guys are saying compares

and i already have a pretty nice HU but ya ill need new wiring...and if i can get a good system for cheap enough then how easy is it to run a batcap

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7951
infinity doesn't compare to anything mentioned in output, maybe Sq, they do sound good.

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 383
i think hifonics are great budget amps. i know of an old silver hifonics brutus amp thats been cranking on 2 different sets of 15s for like 3 years now... i have had several hifonics amps myself and have not had one actually burn out on me...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3117
to run a batcap, take the wire going to your amp (or from your reg bat depending on how you look at it lol), cut it, put the end of the wire to the pos terminal of the bat, then from the pos to the amp. then ground the battery. SIMPLE =)

Post Number: 7
does the sound change if the amp is wired at 1,2, or 4 ohms?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1451
the higher the impedence the cleaner the sound.. of course there are many variances not to mention the type of amp.. if your not competing in SQ you prolly won't notice a difference

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3122
yeah. unless your a sq judge, you wont notice. marshall runs his amp at .35 daily.

Post Number: 8
so i guess i have a 130A alt but i dont know if thats big or not...? or if that helps with the kind of system. how good are the hifonics? i havent heard much about them. they are low priced so is that because of poor quality or just good priced amps?

Post Number: 9
i have been lookin at the soundstream SPLX. i havent heard anything about them. any idea how good they are? or if i could run 2 of them with that batcap mentioned earlier? hmmmm a little bit pricy though. thats just my thoughts right now, what do you think?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us