HELP.. Alpine x 10's!!!!!

Username: Mike20

Post Number: 1
Alrite, i need help from somebody. I just picked up 2 10" alpine x 10s. First, im hearing different ways of hooking up the subwoofers. Theyve got 4 hookup points. voice coil 1, negative and positive, and voice coil 2 negative and positive. Which ones do i hook up? All or just one voice coil? Also when i did hook just one up for a test, i hooked it up to a jl audio 250/1 monoblock amp, it sounds decent, until you turn the volume up. It seems to not hit very hard and makes a weird noise from the sub. Real bad distortion lets say, so bad you have to turn it down. Also if anyone knows.. what would be better to use with the 2 x 10's as far as an amp. My jl 250 monoblock, or ive got a good 4 channel alpine amp. Ive been told use the jl audio amp.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1513
i think those subs RMS are 1000 each. so the jl amp will severly underpower them.

hook up both voice coils, are your subs DVC 4ohm or 2ohm?

Username: Mike20

Post Number: 2
Im not sure what they are, ive been trying to read about them as much as possibe, but the more i read about ohms and stuff it kinda confuses me.. Your sayin if the sub is underpowered it will sound like crap? I know sumwhat about hookin systems up but your the first one to give me sum help, thanks. Well thatll be my next try to hook up both voice coils. If youve got any other tips lemme kno. Thanks man

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1521
well not that underpower will sound like crap but it wont get loud at all.

look on the back of the subs magnet it should say what the impeadance is (ohms) and the RMS

Bronze Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 86
Type X are dual voice coil (4 ohm each) you will need at least 1000 watts to each one i think you should get 2 Alpine PDX amps and wire each sub down to 2 ohms (wiring them up to 8 ohms will kill the amp)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us